Did anyone see Oprah today? I think the lack of concern for kids behavior is leading to bullying in elementary and middle schools?

If you had a child being bullied what would you do? The answer did surprise me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Being bullied starts in kindregarten now. And sometimes starts with the teacher.We had to remove our child twice.He used to be real outgoing but is not now.Your child is not safe in school any more that is why we homeschool. We had bloody wedgiesand no that is not funny. Also sex stuff was going on in the bathrooms. You can not be too careful. This bully stuff is why kids are killnig each other and it all has to be stopped.It doesn't hepl to tell the person no,and when you tell the teachers you get (stop being a tattle-tell).They have no one to help them.
    starshine57

Answer by starshine57 at 4:11 PM on May. 9, 2009

• if my kid was bullied honestley i would teach my kids to fight so they can beat their butts.call me a horrible mother, but i don't want my kids being beat on or picked on or nothing.and if that doesn't work i would take it up with their mother or handle the kid myself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I was always bullied as a child. So one day my mom asked me why this one girl was the main source of my heart ache. I couldn't give her answer. I didn't know why this girl hated me so much. So my mother suggested that the next day in school when she starts on me was to ask her, and apologize if I had done something unknowingly to upset her. I did, The next day in gym I asked her why she hated me, and that if I did something to offend or upset her I was sorry. She and her friends just stood there looking at me. I asked her again 'why don't you like me?' nothing she said nothing. After that she left me alone. I continued to do that to all the bullies I encountered and you know that it worked on every single one! Now another story...My bestfriends neice was another victim an I relayed the story above and she did it and that to nipped her problem right in the bud.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 8:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i dont think it is the lack of concern that is making these kids bullies and i have ran into alot of them with my youngest.i honestly think the parents are bullies .or aggressive.and that is where the kids are getting it from.approach a mom that kid is a bully,you will get it back 2 fold. i have learned not to go to the parents..i thinks its learned behavior or its nurture.something is happening at home.i truly believe this.and i have dealt with alot of this...when my older daughters (in there 20s)were in school it wasnt like this.these woman think they are intitled and now there kids are getting this.its sad.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My daughter Kierra was being bulliled by 6 girls. She was afraid to go school for months, I have noticed changes in her. I sat down at home and asked her what is wrong with you! She said they keep bothering me. I said who! She said Destiny Kamorrah, Star , Kalisha,Ta shema, and another girl were bullying her for about 6months. I callled the police, I got a police report, and I had a big meeting with every child and parent involved. Now till this very day they donot bother her, cause I went balistic!.
    tia123191

Answer by tia123191 at 12:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My child was bullied for 3 years and I went to the teachers and principal and had it taken care of. I stood my ground and made the school act. His 2nd grade teacher was the worst to deal with though, she refused to do anything until she say the bullying. The other 2 teachers took care of the issues right away. His 4th grade teacher was amazing, she made the 3 kids that were bullying my son sit down and talk it out with her, the principal and my son. The didn't realize that what they were doing was hurting my sons feelings because he did say anything or react. He ended up being friends with one of the kids who bullied him.

I don't think it is lack of concern that is causing kids to be bullied, it is parents that don't discipline their kids, that let their kids do whatever they want, parents that are bullies themselves.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I was bullied badly in 7 grade so I think I know that teachers kids get away with it and the privliged more than others. I was aggressively cornered by a group of boys till I could not take it anymore, and switched schools. Grades are important but so are the way we treat others!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Educate kids to help them stand up for themselves and find out what works for them....see these books on bullying that might be helpful to kids  http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=8   Talk with your child to let them know  YOU WILL GET INVOLVED if the bullying gets bad or if they have tried several different methods and the bullying didnt stop.  Check in with them daily and then  DO stand up for your child if they can't figure it out on their own, but educate them and give them an opportunity to do it on their own FIRST.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 12:51 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I had a boy that picked on me mercilessly in 7th grade. I did not know him from Adam, so I never understood why. One Satrday my Mom and I were in the local Burger King and this boy and his friend were there. They proceeded to make remarks that my Mom heard. She went home and told my Father. My Father called the boys Father and told him what had happened. That was the last time that boy ever looked let alone spoke in my direction again. I think bullies are such because they get away with it. Sometimes the parents are unaware their child is a bully. Kids can be cruel and no child should have to deal with that kind of shit while trying to get an education. My kids know better than to ever have fun at anothers expence...they would be dead meat when I found out about it!
    Anonymous