What is a good age to start a sleeping schedule?

kweenspade0503

Asked by kweenspade0503 at 2:14 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Over the next few weeks, your baby will settle into a schedule, but this will change frequently. Babies needs for food and sleep change as they go through growth spurts and developmental changes,

Answer by rkoloms at 4:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• which developmental stage would those be?
    kweenspade0503

Answer by kweenspade0503 at 5:04 AM on May. 7, 2009

• How old is your baby? I think they hit growth spurts at 2 weeks 2 months 4 months ect... I started my daughter on a nighttime routine at 4 weeks and then at 6/7 weeks she was going to bed at 11 and sleeping till 5:30/6:00. I had to do this because I was returning to work and needed her to sleep at night. But as for during the day napping, I let her just sleep when she was tired and wanted to nap. Now she takes a nap in the morning, afternoon and use to take one in the evening (we have been fighting an overtired baby that is refusing to sleep in the evenings). The times are not set in stone, its just she goes to sleep when she is tired.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:42 AM on May. 7, 2009