how can I know the size of my little kids shoes? maybe they are already small and I don't know it

I don't want to go to stride rite and pay too much for shoes,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• bring the shoe in the Walmart with you and get one half an inch bigger
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:35 AM on May. 7, 2009

• you can find things to print online to check their size and that would give you an idea as to whether you need new shoes or not. If they can stand up have them stand and push their heel to the back of the shoe and feel where the big toe is. There should be a little wiggle room there.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:47 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Measure both feet (you can do this at a good shoe store or print something online at some kids shoe websites) and use the largest foot to determine shoe size. Also, remember that style can affect how the shoe fits, so size alone isn't enough - you have to try them on to make sure your child is comfortable, taking into account wide or narrow feet. Then like aeneva said - have them push their feet back into the heel and make sure they have wiggle room for the toes.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:43 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Go to any shoe store where someone will measure their feet. No one says you have to buy shoes there!

I take the boys to Payless.

If the toes are at the end of the shoe, they need new ones. When buying new ones, a good rule of thumb is to have the width of the thumb from the end of the shoe to their toes.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I go to payless and they always offer to measure her feet. Try the shoe one. If there is about a thumbs lenght between childs toe and the end of the shoe, you are good.
    Anonymous

• Hold the sole of the shoe up against the sole of the child's foot. It depends on the style of shoe naturally but you can generally see how it fits. There's one brand that actually has guides on the sole for doing that, Buster Brown or something it's called? I've seen them at Famous Footwear.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh yes, the Buster Brown shoes have a diagram on the sole that you can match up to their foot. It's super since you don't have to fuss with having them try on a bunch of different sizes.  I tried these for my son and they were awsome!

I agree that Stride Rite shoes are so expensive....if you have one of their outlets near you they're defintely worth a look. The shoes are more than 1/2 off! I found shoes in their for my son and only paid $15.  The sales associates are really helpful in there too.

momwithcurls

Answer by momwithcurls at 9:42 PM on May. 10, 2009