Which do i believe?

I got an ultrasound, on April 4th at Planned Parenthood, just to see how far along i was, i was 11 weeks and 4 days. Then i sceduled a doctors appointment for April 8th, and she said I was actually 13 weeks the next day. So that is a one week difference between the doctors..... The only thing was my regular doctor didnt do a ultrasound, planned parenthood did, so who should i believe? or should i get a third doctor to see?

(sorry if this is confusing) so im either 16 weeks yesterday, or 17 weeks today? idk...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i say go with the ultra sound. the doctors only estimate from what you think was your last period while the ultra sound doctor is looking right at the baby
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• ditto...the ultrasounds can see the size of the baby's development to whereas the doctor IS just guessing from your last period. GL mama
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:05 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Go with the ultrasound. It's more accurate than going with your LMP. Good luck honey.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• At this point it doesn't really matter. Your doc will give you more scans and as the baby grows it will be much easier to determine how far along you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 7, 2009

• that is true, but the problem is, i am out i nWashington DC, and not with my normal doctor, i am leaving soon to go back home to my bf, and i kind of want to suprise him with the sex of the baby, and i was going to pay to get an ultrasound b4 i get back... so i guess i will wait until a day or so before i leave, cuz i sould be far enough along by then to tell...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i'd have to agree with going with the ultrasound..my dr placed me due june 20th...only when I went to get my ultrasound..they said July 20th. A month can be a lil difference.
    Anonymous