Did you know that there is an Official Stepmother's Day?

If you are a Stepmother who actually love being a stepmother and loves your step children, there is a day just for you. My SD asked me if there is a stepmother's Day because she knew every mother's Day she would be spending it with her mother. I believe it shouldn't be any other way. I love my SD and we have a beautiful relationship and we love each other very much. She wanted to spend some time with me on Mother's Day as well. I did not want to take away from her mother so I did some research. I found this website www.annieshomepage.com/stepmothersday2.html that tells all about how there is an official Day for Stepmother's. It is the Sunday after Mother's Day, May 17, 2009. Hell even if you don't like being a stepmother, You still deserve to be celebrated. So Happy Stepmother's Day in advance.

StepmommyRee

Asked by StepmommyRee at 3:41 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Holidays

• Wow I didn't know that! Thanks! I'll have to tell my daughter. She'll be so excited. She also wanted to spend time with her step mom on mothers day but that just isn't possible, the whole different continent thing prevents that. But she can certainly call her on both days!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thats wonderful i love my step child and we have a good relationship whats even better there mother and i have a wonderful relationship as well. Thats nice to have when you children. The great thing is we don't just get along for the children we really do get along.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• happy stepmommys day to you all... Have a great day.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:02 AM on May. 7, 2009

• thats great wish they would put that on a calender lol happy stepmothers day in advance to everyone xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Nice! I will have to tell my stepson. He has screamed about spending Mother's day with his mom for the past three years since he has only spent one with me. (the year she was MIA) He really wanted to spend last Mother's day with me since my daughter was born in Feb. last year.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• That's great to know! Thanks!
    businmessmom

Answer by businmessmom at 12:56 AM on May. 12, 2009