• In the Spotlight:

Why are W(outside)HMs are hated on CM?

I've been attacked so many times on CA that I have closed my profile and dedicated myself as Anon when I speak about the frustrations of my job. I really appreciate my job (almost to the point of desperation) when economic times has hit the business hard. It's almost like the business has evolved to a whole new beast. When I ask questions about the issues of job cutting and book cooking, I get a lot of personal insults. Why must this be, when the questions are sincere?

~Bookkeeper

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Cause some people think that they just have to be an ass all the time. We are glad you haven't left all together. We nice people are always here for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Bookkeeper here,

Anon 4:36, a big hug and a tear in the eye! :-)

Thanks

Best Wishes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on May. 7, 2009

• B/c some people have nothing better to do than be rude and insulting. Just ignore the ignorant, jerk answers. Ask your questions, and just cull out the sincere answers and learn from them. There are nice people on here who will help you, if they are able. Personally, I know nothing about bookkeeping, so I wouldn't be able to help you, but I certainly wouldn't be mean to you. And I also work outside the home, for now anyway. My job is iffy, so I know how you feel. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm a teacher (ha ha my name.....) anyway, I like what I do, and it gives us the life we have. It gives us great health insurance. I'm not going to ever justify working to provide for my family. I love them. I think SAHMs are the same, just at a different side of the spectrum. My kids are happy, healthy, enjoy their daycare life and friends........life is pretty darn good for us!! I wouldn't worry about the bashers, they don't know your situation in the real world.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:35 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Some people arent happy with their lives so they are on a MISSIOn to put others down as well! IGNORE the bashers and just know that there are MORE nice people here in Cafemom then bashers. I work outside the home on a part time basis and I work from home on a full time basis. I have had some nasty comments from people myself but deep down, I know that I am happy and who care what the sorry losers think!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:41 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Wow.... I didn't realize it was like that for working moms. I'm sorry that you've been treated badly. I can understand what you mean though. Some moms just can't fathom that any other way (than their own) may be OK. Or, if your way differs from their way, then they feel threatened that "their way" may not be the best and only way to do things.

The only way to deal with their own feelings of inadequacy is to attack others. Its sad really...

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Full time working mom here. I am the breadwinner of my household and I am PROUD of it. We working moms get a lot of flack, but I could care less what anyone else thinks really. I wonder if there is a group here for moms like us? It might help to talk about our issues with people who understand.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 8:00 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I too am the bread winner of my household, but not too happy for it. I feel your pain, i am a nurse though... 3rd shift to boot! Can't say I do more than work and sleep now I am really feeling the pain with my hubby's $ getting cut even more!
    mama060297

Answer by mama060297 at 8:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I had no idea. I am very sorry that youve been treated badly. I think that people lash out at others when they are somewhat insecure about what THEY do. Personally, I have always been a sahm. Thats just my job. I have 4 kids and Ive been at home for 13 yrs. There are pros and cons. One day I am going to want to work again, but its unlikely I will be able to just jump in. I might have to get creative. If youre happy with yourself and what you do, then go for it. Just be secure in where youre at. I know theres a big divide between working moms and stay at home moms, but its all rooted in fear and insecurity. Let me say as a sahm...I support you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I think possibly some SAHMs who have made it their mission in life to do the best thing for their children by staying home and raising them wonder why some people have children then put them in daycare all day long to be raised by a stranger. Maybe they feel sad for all the children forced to go into these institutions full of other kids where they have to learn to survive the real world way before they are emotionally ready for it. Spending their whole day in an environment where nothing is their own. Kids need the security & comfort of being surrounded by things and people that are personal to them, napping in their own bed, playing with their own toys, being cared for by their own parent. It's really very sad the lonelinessthese daycare children must feel on a daily basis being separated from their home and their moms...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 7, 2009