What is a good diet to increase milk supply?

My son is three weeks old. I am breastfeeding and he is eating so much its almost hard for my body to keep up with him. What are some good diet suggestions that will help increase my milk supply?

kweenspade0503

Asked by kweenspade0503 at 4:41 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep nursing on demand. Drink at least 6 ounces of water after every feeding. Get some brewers yeast tabs.Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby. Relax, your baby is probably getting enough; as long as he has wet diapers and bright eyes and his soft spot isn't sunken in he is fine.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Lots and lots of water! Every time you feed him go get a cup of water. That's what they told me in the hospital.
    NutMegxoxo

Answer by NutMegxoxo at 5:03 AM on May. 7, 2009

• did you post this question enough?!!? in my breast feeding class they told me that your body will keep up with the milk production as long as you are feeding, like above posts said keep hydrated
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:07 AM on May. 7, 2009

• sorry about posting the question so much im just extremely nervous about being a new mother and i really dont have many people to ask.
    kweenspade0503

Answer by kweenspade0503 at 5:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Why do you think \you are not producing enough? Here's a tip: if you are nursing ON DEMAND, and you are changing 6-8 diapers a day, your supply is fine and your baby is getting enough. :) Keep up the good work mama.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Just keep nursing on demand and count his diapers. Babies are supposed to nurse a lot and they are slow nursers when they start so it feels like they never stop. Just keep up your hard work, it will pay off in the end.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:50 AM on May. 7, 2009

• U can eat oatmeal. It helped me and lots of water. Not instant oats. Real oats. Good luck and congrats!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My milk supply did not really come in well @ first & I was worried for my son ( hes my first too )...I just Nursed on demand it seemed like around the clock & a waste of time much of the time but along with drinking lots of water & eating nutritious stuff like loaded salads/etc...He did great. As long as your getting like 5-8 wet diapers a day & your son is gaining weight your good!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 12:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I agree with the other mommys, Just nurse on demand and drink lots of water.
    MamasGirls4ever

Answer by MamasGirls4ever at 12:51 PM on May. 7, 2009