I really want a girl

Ok please tell me everything i can do so i can have a girl im going to wait a year save research about conceving a girl pleasehelp really want a girl
thank you much love <3

lovemyshawn

Asked by lovemyshawn at 5:17 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its in gods hands! i guess apparently they have this new technology that you can change the sex of the baby, but i only heard that i dont know if its true
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• well i heard about the shuttle method?!?!?
    lovemyshawn

Answer by lovemyshawn at 5:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I can understand that you really want a girl but can't you just be happy if you have a healthy child. What happens if you get preggo and you have a boy are you gonna love him less? are you gonna treat him like shit? Why can't people just leave it in a higher powers hands and be happy with whatever that get and wish and pray that its healthy. I wish you all the luck in the world i just was wondering if you treat the child differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I have 2 boys and this is my last baby and i have faith in God that he is going to give me a girl
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Read How to Determine the Sex of Your Baby by Landrum B. Shettles (I think that is the author's name and correct spelling)..............I did and had a boy. You want to have sex 2 days before you ovulate because the female sperm live longer, but swim slower than the males. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting one sex over another, but the book totally tells you to be ready for either sex regardless of if you follow their directions or not. You need to be happy with a healthy baby. I don't know if the book really helped me, or it my son was just meant to be. Good Luck.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Start charting your ovulation, etc. and try to do the baby tango right when you ovulate. If I remember correctly, male sperms are slow swimmers where girls are quick. Supposedly, if you do the tango before you ovulate, you have more likeliness that you'll have a boy. But knowing exactly when your eggs are released is almost impossible. You can improve your odds... but it is still beyond your control. I don't know your reasons for wanting a girl... I would wish for a healthy, happy baby before I wish for a girl. Boys are so, so much fun!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The Shettle's Method worked for us to conceive both a boy and a girl. It doesn't gurantee anything, but it helps up the odds. You need to start charting temp and cervical mucous now though so you know your cycle well when you go to TTC. Shettle's has a book out and you can also look at Tacking Charge of Your Fertility for help on charting your cycle. Shades of Grey actually has it backwards. The boys swim fast and the girls live longer so you want to BD about 3-4 days before ovulation
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I would just try to relax there are methods you can do to get one or the other sexes but i'm not sure if they work. I just know wanting a certain sex so bad can sometimes lead to getting the opposite because you want it so bad or at least thats what happened to one of my sil. I don't really care either way what we have as long as its healthy baby. I already have two girls and people are also bothering me by asking me when you going have that boy i'm like when i have it it doesn't matter just some people are always in ur business. But i really hope you get what you want best wish good luck
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 8:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I don't know either. I only had Girls. My DH came from A house of 5 Boys, No Girls! My Daughter to date only has 2 Sons. 1&3 & A Baby on the Way! Most of All Wishing it be Healthy & Full Term! A Girl would be So Great! Old Wives Tales?? For Girls the Woman doesn't have an orgasm? For Boys with intercoruse you do have one? Now mind you that's what I heard!! I really don't know!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• There is a book called How to choose the sex of your baby. I got it from a friend and it worked for us both times I used it.

Girl sperm are fatter, swim slower, and live longer.
    Boy sperm are skinnier, swim faster and live shorter.

So if you want a girl, get an ovulation kit. Have sex before you will ovulate. That way all the male spern have gone up there and died off due to no egg. The girl sperm take longe to get there and can live longer, so all that is left when you do release an egg are girl sperm. We wanted two boys so we had sex after I knew I had ovulated and boom two boys. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:04 AM on May. 7, 2009