Do most of the Christians you know act Christ-like?

Try to think of the majority, not the ones who scream the loudest.

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 6:53 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They try and that's all that matters.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:05 AM on May. 7, 2009

• they attempt it, but no one is perfect all the time.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:42 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My close friends all try really hard and most of the time they do pretty well....
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:54 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The ones on my friends list do and so do the ones I know in RL but the majority on cafemom DO NOT.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Definitely not.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:57 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Most of the Christians I know IRL are true to the title, with few exceptions, but I was lucky to have been brought up in a wonderful church where everyone is full of love. The words "church family" don't even do it justice, they just mean so much to me, each and every one.

But, honestly, most of the Christians I come across online, and the minority of those IRL, do seem as though they've missed the point. I see many, many Christians who are doing a great job at living the "rules" and the doctrine, yet who don't possess the humility, love, compassion, and so on that Christ Himself is known for - qualities we are supposed to emulate.

I think a lot of this comes from having the wrong focus. Its all about living the religion versus living the relationship. If we let the "rules", doctrines, and dogma take precedent over a personal relationship with God, we start to miss the whole point of His message to us.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:03 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes they do. But then most of the people I know are good people, willing to help, generous, caring.

Answer by Bmat at 8:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The people I know in real life do. I never knew there were such hateful people until I was on Cafemom because all the people I know (and I'm assuming most of them are Christian because I never asked) are really good people and treat everyone with respect and love.
    I have met many people on CM that are like that, too, but the majority that I have seen that call themselves Christian aren't all that nice. I stay away from them and have become leery about accepting friend invites from people that have religious stuff all over their profile.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:15 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The people I know in real life like my family and friends are all christians and yes they do for the most part act christlike. They at least are conscious of the their behavior and dont deliberately act one way and say something else. Most of all, they know they aren't perfect. That means more to me than anything. Its christians that think they can do no wrong that bother me. I think that if you know people that say they are christians and act nasty, rude and mean, then you steer clear of that person. Its not fair to judge all christians by the actions of some. If someone came to my page and saw that I was a christian by the few songs I have or by a couple of my journals, and immediately decided that I wasnt someone they would want to be friends with, then I would not only be hurt, but I would feel that they were being just as narrowminded as they claim WE are. I am a very easy person to get along with and I love people.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:02 AM on May. 7, 2009

• bandgeek......Could not have said that better!!! I sometimes have a hard time explaining the religion vs relationship thing and you did it way better than I could have.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:04 AM on May. 7, 2009