Is $150,000 a comfortable amount to live with??

I could only wish I was making that much but for someone I know that DOES make that amount whines and complains about everything. It's almost like she wants to hoard the money and not do anything!!

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 7:24 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That seems to be fairly common. At least is is with the people that I know that make over 100k every year. I guess that is how they keep their money and security at a comfortable level.

I'm doing OK on a fraction of that. I would like to have more money, but I don't wallow in self-pity because I don't have it.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I am quite comfortable with what my hubby and I make but as you said, we all could do even better with MORE!
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:33 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The more money one makes, the more financial responsibilities they usually have which is why she wants to set it aside in case of emergency. There is a recession so she's just being cautious. There is no guarantee nowadays your job will be there tomorrow and she probably wants that money as a nest egg in case she's out of work for a long period of time. She is a wise woman.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• We are a family of 5 and live comfortably on 80,000

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• In some parts of the country $150.000 will go farther than others. Where ever you are it's still a good salary. I agree with the PP that people who make more money tend to take on more debt. If she bought a sensible car, a sensible mortgage and lived at or just below her own means she might not be so worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 7, 2009

• That is very comfortable to live on especially the area we live in!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:15 AM on May. 7, 2009

• If only...
    I've never personally known anyone that makes that amount (maybe my cousin...he lives downtown and has a boat). We're a family of 6 and live off of 35k a year (that's about 24k take home) and we get by. If we moved to a cheaper city we wouldn't have to live with family. But for now it is beneficial to all of us so we stay.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:24 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Umm, yeah. We are a family of 5 and live quite comfortably my husbands yearly income of $26,000. It's all about how you budget your money, where your priorities lie, and so forth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Is this a joke?

My husband works two jobs, I run a PT business and we bring in ALTOGETHER, about $50,000/year. We have no consumer debt, budget well, and are able to save a hefty chunk of that.

If we made $150,000 even ONE year, we could pay off our house!!!!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• ....P.S. We are a family of soon-to-be six.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 8:46 AM on May. 7, 2009