10 week old

What was your 10 weeks old bedtime and wake up like? Last night she was acting like she wanted to go to bed earlier. This is what we have been doing for several weeks. She gets her last bottle around 10:15 and in bed sleeping by 10:45. Then I wake her at 5:30 am to eat then I get ready for work. Well last night she feel asleep at 9:00 and at 6:30 this morning, she is still asleep (daddy is off today so no daycare today). I am hoping that she is ready to up her bedtime a bit (maybe I can get more sleep now, if this is true). But I was just curious when your little one was going to bed and waking at this age. Thanks!

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 7:37 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be a growth spurt. It could also be that she is beginning to need more sleep at night than she's getting. Follow her cues. Babies know how much sleep they need. If I remember right, when mine was 10 weeks he had a bottle around 7pm, was in bed for the night around 8pm, woke once to be fed and changed, then continued sleeping until about 6am at which point he would wake on his own.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• mine has been layed to bed at 9pm since 1 month old
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:47 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Ever since she was born she would go to sleep anytime between 6pm and 830pm (usually I put her down at 7) and she sleeps 12 hours through the night. So whatever time I put her to bed is what time she wakes up normally. The other day she slept for 13 hrs. Try putting her to bed at 7 tonight and see if she sleeps good. She might be ready for a good sturdy schedule.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:03 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I forgot to mention that she is 4 months old now.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:04 AM on May. 7, 2009

• it varies with babies, when they are growing, they need more sleep.I remember my son would go thru phases where he would got top sleep at 6pm and not wake until 7 or 8 in the am...he was a little older than 10 weeks but still...I know with my new baby, 3 weeks, he is still making his own sceduale and if I try to make him eat its a disaster. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:25 AM on May. 7, 2009

• She may be having a growing spurt in that case she might sleep more than normal
    QuintinsMom520

Answer by QuintinsMom520 at 10:28 AM on May. 7, 2009