i am trying to find out how many children i can legally babysit in my home without being state certified. does anyone know?

tlaugh

Asked by tlaugh at 7:46 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Every state is different. You need to contact your state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes each state is different. Even if you just "babysitting" for a few kids I would still make sure I had good insurance.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm sure you can google it and find out.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:09 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It is on the VA social services website, I think up to 5 without a license is ok from what I remember. That does not include your own. But you can get registered also, which is easier than getting licensed but allows you to be in the directory.
    LucidRuth

Answer by LucidRuth at 8:21 AM on May. 7, 2009

• If i remember right it is 4 to 5 kiddos .
    Mom2PunkRockers

Answer by Mom2PunkRockers at 9:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I live in Texas and I take care of 4 -5 kids in my home I do not have a license but I am registered through the state. And make sure you filing on your taxes. I have been doing this for 5 years now.

I thought of doing this when I was pregnant with my kids I wanted to be with them now they are in school and I decided to contunue to babysit I love it. I get paid every Friday the parents are really good about that too. You need to check it out you won't regret it. It''s like a mini daycare:) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• More than 6 in the State of Kansas requires a license.
    Katie911

Answer by Katie911 at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I could be totally wrong, but if I recall, in Oklahoma, you have to be registered/licensed to watch even one child if you aren't related to them.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• lucinda is certified and i know from hearing her talk about her meetings you cant watch a child more that 10 hours a week
    EmMasMoM1227

Answer by EmMasMoM1227 at 12:50 PM on May. 7, 2009