i am trying to find out how many children i can legally babysit in my home without being state certified. does anyone know?

Asked by tlaugh at 7:46 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Every state is different. You need to contact your state.

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes each state is different. Even if you just "babysitting" for a few kids I would still make sure I had good insurance.

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm sure you can google it and find out.

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:09 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It is on the VA social services website, I think up to 5 without a license is ok from what I remember. That does not include your own. But you can get registered also, which is easier than getting licensed but allows you to be in the directory.

Answer by LucidRuth at 8:21 AM on May. 7, 2009

• If i remember right it is 4 to 5 kiddos .

Answer by Mom2PunkRockers at 9:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I live in Texas and I take care of 4 -5 kids in my home I do not have a license but I am registered through the state. And make sure you filing on your taxes. I have been doing this for 5 years now.

I thought of doing this when I was pregnant with my kids I wanted to be with them now they are in school and I decided to contunue to babysit I love it. I get paid every Friday the parents are really good about that too. You need to check it out you won't regret it. It''s like a mini daycare:) GL

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• More than 6 in the State of Kansas requires a license.

Answer by Katie911 at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I could be totally wrong, but if I recall, in Oklahoma, you have to be registered/licensed to watch even one child if you aren't related to them.

Answer by munch12502 at 10:06 AM on May. 7, 2009

• lucinda is certified and i know from hearing her talk about her meetings you cant watch a child more that 10 hours a week

Answer by EmMasMoM1227 at 12:50 PM on May. 7, 2009