How long does it take for her front teeth to come back in?

Hello ladies, my daughter is 7 and lost her two top front teeth back in December and January, now that it is May I am getting concerned that they are not even starting to grow back in. How long does it typically take?

Mommy_Carebear

Asked by Mommy_Carebear at 8:17 AM on May. 7, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son lost his back in Nov. and they still aren't in. I heard it can take up to a year.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is 7 years old and has only lost two of his bottom teeth and grew. but he has 4 top teeth that a very stubborn to come out it got to the point where they don't fit his face any more....lol I mean he grinds on them and now they look too little. The dentist said if they don't come out soon she will have to get them pulled out. She said usually when the baby tooth gets out of the way it gives room for the adult tooth to move it (makes sense) but the bad thing is it will take some time. She once told me she had a 6 year old patient who had very bad front teeth so she pulled them out only to find out they did not grow all out until this child was 9 :(

It really depends on the child, I just hope this is not your childs case. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• mine took FOREVER to come in when I was a kid - I wouldn't worry about it
    Anonymous

• My son lost his two front teeth in September and they haven't even started to come in yet!! The dentist said they should start soon when he went for his check-up in April, but it seems to be taking forever.
    Tis2657

Answer by Tis2657 at 10:35 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My son's front tooth is just starting to come in now and he lost it back in December.
    vannahs

Answer by vannahs at 8:55 PM on May. 8, 2009

• Talking to the dentist, I found out that if the tooth loosend on its own and was ready the new tooth should be making an appearence right away within a couple of weeks. I was told that a callous could have formed from her wiggling it so much that is preventing the tooth from coming through. It has been seven months and I was told she needs to be seen right away. If there are adult teeth to come through they will make slight cut through the callous to allow the tooth to come through.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My daughters teeth have been out since June! Now I'm worried!
    6smithfam

Answer by 6smithfam at 10:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2012

• My nephew is 5 about to b 6, he lost his four fronts at the age of 3 and they still haven't came in yet.. Can somebody give me any answers on wen or if they will come back n?... He asked me tonight wen is his teeth going to come back.
    Makiha

Answer by Makiha at 8:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2012