Rolling over on changing table

My son, 7m, likes to roll over onto his belly while on the changing table! While I've gotten good at putting on diapers like this, you can imagine it becomes a problem when there's a poopy diaper, haha. Any suggestions for keeping him on his back?

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 8:22 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish!
    My 9 month old dd does this as well.. it drives me insane. Her sister didn't do it at all.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My changing table had a strap to keep the baby from rolling off the table, mainly.

Answer by Bmat at 8:25 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My daugther is also 7 months and has been doing this for awhile now and now she is starting to explore with her hands down there reaching for her diaper, again - not a good scenario when it is poopy! =) The only thing that works is to make sure you have something to distract them with such as a toy or brush, or we even play peek a boo with a blanket or her pants.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:26 AM on May. 7, 2009

• We have a strap that will keep him from rolling over, although I only use it if he's really wiggly. We give him a toy to play with, which distracts him just long enough to change a diaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• A strap, toys, and kinda holding him down.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• there is this foamy trianle thing u can buy so they dont roll when there sleeping kinda like a wedge i used it for my dd when she would do that years ago lol. i would place it down on the changing table and out her on it from shoulders that way her diaper area was free for me to change her and she couldnt roll on me. wounder if i could diagrame it lol..../-/ kinda like that but more triangle lol u put baby in the middle and its foam not hard. hope it helps a lil.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son has just started doing this and it's driving me CRAZY!!! One thing that helps a little is I am using the straps to "remind" him to lay on his back... he can still easily flip over with them on but doesn't try as often... and I've been giving him something to play with to keep him busy.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:19 AM on May. 7, 2009