Episcopalian

Does anyone know where I can find out the beliefs of the Episcopal church (hopfully indepth).

And then a few questions cause I heard they were like the Catholic church:

How close to the Catholic church are the beliefs: Do they pray to Saints? Do they veiw communion the same way (actual blood and flesh)? Are they against Birth control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Episcopalian is the American version of the Church of England, which broke away from the Roman Catholic church during the reign of King Henry VIII.  It is Catholicism without all the restrictions, sort of like Catholic lite.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:13 AM on May. 7, 2009

• How close to the Catholic church are the beliefs: Do they pray to Saints?   Not as far as I know. Do they veiw communion the same way (actual blood and flesh)?   They do the wafer and wine thing I think.  Are they against Birth control?  No and divorce is also accepted.  That is why Henry VIII broke away from the Catholic church.  He was getting tired of chopping off his wives heads.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• How close to the Catholic church are the beliefs: Do they pray to Saints? No we do not pray to specific saints like the Catholic Church. We do however celebrate all saints day because we do believe that all members of the church are saints.Do they veiw communion the same way (actual blood and flesh)? Yes, we do believe in the transfiguration of the bread and the wine. Are they against Birth control? No, we are not against birth control. We are quite different from the Catholic Church politically. We do not view our church hierarchy in the same manner. The Archbishop of Canterbury does not play the same role as the Pope. You can pm me and I will be glad to explain as much as I can. I am a cradle Episcopalian.

luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 12:02 PM on May. 7, 2009