I am very new to the food stamp program, and would like to know if you can purchase seasonings, like salt, pepper etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

food stamps

_JD_

Asked by _JD_ at 8:44 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• yep you sure can the only thing you can't puchase is non food iteams and alcholic beverages ( atleast i don't think so and would hope not lol) but i'm not really postive on that one.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 9:00 AM on May. 7, 2009

• you can by any food xcept heated ready to eat meals like the whole chicken in the deli section or hot meals. not diapers napkins alcohol butts cleaning products, but yes. ceral, salt, seasonings,gum chips frozen food like fish sticks, chicken steaks roasts gravey. least back in my day ok about 8 years ago. i needed the help but it wouldve been nice to have a sight like this lol but couldnt get internet anyways. hope this helps.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:05 AM on May. 7, 2009

• thank you all wonderful supermoms that took the time out to answer my question...big ~HUGS~
    oh and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all you mothers out there!!!! :)
    _JD_

Answer by _JD_ at 12:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yes, you can. The only things you can't are alcohol, cigarettes, hot foods from the deli, nonfood items. You can even buy food off the salad bar at the grocery store. I have, my son loves salads and that is sometimes the only thing he will eat.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 5:31 PM on May. 7, 2009