Teething tablets

Okay my daughter is teething terribly. We have been using teething rings, tylenol, orajel... she has a good night and then a terrible night where she wakes up screaming and will only calm down if I hold her! (fun eh) So, my question is has anyone ever used those Hyland teething tablets? are they safe? anyone used motrin? any ideas of how to help her with the pain? I don't want to load her with drugs but I want her able to sleep at night?

valerieruth1215

Asked by valerieruth1215 at 8:45 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used teething tablets, however I don't know if they were Hyland. But they do help a lot. IMO! My son does not like to keep them in his mouth so we dissolve 2-3 tablets in a tablespoon of water and he drinks it....still helps. Good luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I've used them and they are safe.... in how fast they dissolve and in a good reputation for homeopathic medication. I didn't find they worked that well for my son... but other people rave about how well they work. We now use teething drops and they work better for him.
    We have also used Motrin before bed on his very fussy teething days... but you child needs to be at least 6 months before trying that.
    Another thing you could try is an amber teething necklace
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:17 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The teething tablets work well. I dont like to give my son tylenol or mortin more than I have to either. What works well for my son is when he wakes up in the morning I give him three and then each time he eats during the day I give him three more. I found that if you keep up on it he does well. When I wait for his teeth to start bothering him, they dont knock down the pain as well. Then, at bed time if he is still showing signs of discomfort I will give him a dose of tylenol or motrin. The tylenol works faster but the motrin seems to last longer. If your baby has trouble keeping them in his mouth, what worked for me at first is put the tablets as far into his mouth as possible and then put the nipple in his mouth. This works whether your nursing or bottle feeding. Good luck, Its so hard when they are teething because all you want to do is make them feel better and there isnt a lot you can do until those teeth pop through.
    JulsB

Answer by JulsB at 9:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Hylands teething tabs (stick one in your mouth and see how quickly they melt) and frozen damp washcloths.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:53 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i bought some, but they diddnt seem to work with my daughter, the oragel doesnt work very well either, so we mostly use popsicles and tylenol, btw you CANNOT use motrin or ibuprofen on a baby under 6 months of age, if your baby is older than that, you might want to try it. but ive heard alot about the teething tablets, you might try using them, they are all natural and homeopathic so they cant hurt :D
    x_tinky_x

Answer by x_tinky_x at 3:18 AM on May. 8, 2009