need help moving with 3 young kids

we are moving 700 miles to a new state and new house and i need some help!!!! ack!!!! the move is obviously wearing on the kids and i need some tricks andtips to help us thru this sanely :)

that_one_chick

Asked by that_one_chick at 9:06 AM on May. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• heres a big one, dont move!!!!! lol
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 10:13 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Don't know what to tell you. We moved in 2005 with 3 kids. They were 2 1/2, 3 1/2 and almost 5 when we moved 500 miles from home. And we did it all on our own. I did all the packing and all that. My husband moved a month before we did so he took a lot of stuff with him, then came back once and got more stuff. Then on moving day we rented a Uhaul and packed it ourselves. It took the entire day (and it was nearly 100 degrees out that day). Then we finished the next morning, loaded the kids into the van and drove off. It took almost 10 hours to make the drive (because we had to keep stopping for stuff). Then once we got there (at 10pm) we had to unload the truck because it was due back the next day. We unpacked until 2am with 3 kids running around screaming and we had no AC. It was insane. I have never been so tired in my life, lol.
    I hate moving.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I am getting ready to move overseas with 3 kids & the dog so I know what your going through. I don't know how old your kids are but I have been talking to my kids every day about the move, I've researched fun things to do there and told them about it. Basically you have to try to get them excited about it, it will make it a lot easier and make sure you have fun things for them to do on the trip.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:38 AM on May. 7, 2009