Where would be the perfect hiding place to hide extra cash in your home and only you will know about it?

Any Ideas?

Thanks.............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to put it in my sock drawer inside a pair of socks. before i folded them i would put the money inside one sock then fold them. put the in the back of my drawer. husband still hasn't found it. it's his birthday money.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• When we moved in we didn't know about this spot for about three years. Somebody put in a hidden drawer under the sink. Most sinks have a dummy panel in the cabinet. I had never seen one before and would never think to look there. Here is the link to show you what I am talking about.

http://www.wellany.com/cabinet_flip-tip-trays_and_organizers.php It is the top item.

If you already have one great, otherwise they are super easy to install and you could probably do it in one after noon when nobody was home.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• How about in a box of tampons. My dh would never look there. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Not something I would openly post online.....I would have to be anonymous to answer....
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 9:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I used to keep my bathroom cleaning products in a little box with some rags. I kept the money in a ziplock bag wrapped in the largest rag at the very bottom of the stack. My husband wasn't one for cleaning the bathroom, so he didn't find it until we were moving and he HAD to clean and he stumbled across it.
    I scrapbook, so I've kept it with my scrapbooking stuff a while ago.
    We have an endtable that's got a small drawer that I keep extra pictures in (ones I just taken out of frames, or ones I'm waiting to frame) I kept that draw against the wall becuase (I explained to my husband) it has pictures that I don't want Michael to get ahold of. He thought it was a little wierd and dramatic to turn the table instead of putting the pictures someplace else or just beating Michael for messing with him but he didn't question it.

I've kept large bills in the picture thing in my wallet between the two pictures.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I always move my 'stash' every couple of months so dh can't catch on, and definately right before I go away for the weekend to visit my family....otherwise I'd come home and we'd have a new computer or something and NO savings. lol I have hid it inside a coat pocket in our closet, inside a pair of my shoes that I won't wear that season (like winter boots in summertime), my dh's armoire is actually an old tv stand with the doors so it has a panel inside where the tv would sit with a spot under it for the dvd player and on either side it's open and he doesn't know it so I had it there for a little while, I have hid it inside a sock like pp, underneath my jewelry drawer, behind my dresser mirror, there are many many more but those are some places that come to mind.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I've probably got a half dozen or so clever places to stash cash.... but you have to be careful to remember where you stashed it! A few years ago, when I was moving, I found a $100 bill in a pair of baby socks. I seriously don't remember ever putting it in there! I'm glad that I un-balled the socks to check for holes before I tossed them in the give-away pile!

I have used picture frames most often since the sock incident. I'm not likely to throw a framed baby picture away, and since I have so many framed photos around the house, its not likely that someone would pull down just the right one and take it apart to find the cash.

I also have birdhouses on top of my kitchen cabinets that would probably make a good stash spot since the have little doors to clean them out (so getting it in and out would be easy) getting them down you need a step ladder, so they aren't handled or messed with at all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2009

• What I love is when I hide money and then forget about it! Like when dd was born we were living with my mom, when she was 3 months old we were moving into our own place, my sister was helping me carry the drawers into the house and she noticed some money in my underwear drawer that I had forgot about! It was under my socks in the back but from moving it around things shifted and it was sticking out....$100!!! Then a few weeks ago I was cleaning out our closet and found a bank envelope from last tax return that I hid there with $200 in it! I LOVE those times!!! lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 9:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yeah mommabear, until one day you're actually LOOKING for something you stashed and can't find it! lol
    A few years ago my SO hid $170 somewhere, but it was the night of his bday, and I guess he was drunk (this was before DS and I was at work) and we NEVER found that money. Even though we've moved twice since then, we couldn't find it anywhere!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:00 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm pretty unoriginal. I hide my money in the bank. :)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:03 AM on May. 7, 2009