• In the Spotlight:

I don't get it.. its gonna be a little long..

I was on the pill for 4 months. I didn't like the side effects I quit, I didn't have my period for 6 months after I quit. I was on the nuva ring in March. I didn't like. So I didn't put a new one back in. I had my period at the beginning of April (like I was supposed too) and its almost a week past due for my period, 2 tests later (2 dollar tests, negative) still no period and supposedly not prego. Could I be having the same effect I had with the pill? Or could I be pregnant and its just not showing up yet and/or should I buy a early detection test so itll be more sensitive? If my periods coming it needs to come, if I'm pregnant I just need to know- I have been HATING my husband and being such a wench to him these past couple days I don't know how much more either one can handle of it lol. And the only time I've "hated" him was when I was pregnant with my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• I am sorry you're going through this. Birth Control is so evil. I had problems with Birth Control. Yes, BC can screw up your period. If you are concerned with not getting your period you need to see your doctor. They can give you something to make your period come.

I had gotten the Mirena, bled for 8 months straight along with cramps, bloating, moodiness, etc. Got it taken out. Then I got on Ortho Tri Cyclen. I was on that for 2 years. I had constant problems but didn't realize that they were due to the BC. The BC was screwing with my Thyroid which was causing me to be sick. My white blood cell count was elevated, my Thyroid was making too much hormone and I started losing my hair. I stopped taking the pill in Feb. All of my blood work since then has come back NORMAL. My doctor told me I can never go back on the pill again. My hair loss is still elevated but it's easing up now....cont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• ...If you have other BC options try one of those. I know condoms are a pain, but they are the next best thing besides a diaphragm. There's the sponge, spermicide....there's a whole slew of birth control options out there that are not hormonal. Do your research. Obviously your body does not do well with hormonal birth control. That's okay...more and more women these days are having a lot of the same issues. Just find something that works for you. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My husband is always the first to know I'm pregnant. Long before it occurs to me to take a test.... with my son, I was evil and psycotic. With ever subsequent pregnancy, I'm evil and psychotic. So if you hated your husband when you were pregnant, and you hate him now, its possible.

It could be the bc, it could be your pregnant. Your best bet would be to talk to your dr. to know for sure.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:41 AM on May. 7, 2009