Melaleuca or AmeriPlan?

which one would you rather work with? selling dental plans or helping people get harmful chemicals out of their homes so they can have a healthier home and family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have looked into both companies....There are pros and cons to both....I feel like Melaleuca wants you to make too large of an order each month...and w/ ameriplan you HAVE to recruit people to make money....I tried Ameriplan and couldn't get anywhere with it. I know there are tons of people who do, but you are really going to have to push it if you want to make money. And also alot of people complain that melaleuca products are products that can just be bought cheaper somewhere else...This is only my opinion and like I said there are people who do great with both....just really do your research before you make a decision! I will now be bashed for giving my opinion...so ???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Anon, you won't get bashed for sharing *personal experiences* at least from me... But there are those who'll come on here and say "All home businesses are scams" or "don't you think if you could really make money from home everyone would be doing it?" Anyway... I agree with the PP, actually. My cousin does Melaleuca and I interviewed for it, but it didn't seem worth it to me. I have no personal experience with Ameriplan, but it didn't really interest me, and for that reason, I would have sucked at both. You really have to love what you're doing when you're looking at a home business, because sometimes things are slow going in the beginning.

Good luck! -

Nicole Independent Consultant

DiamondCreek Candles

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 9:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• im not sure i could sell ameriplan, but i like the dental plan they have. i could never do melalueca. i dont feel it is right to tell people they have to ordera certain amount per month
    mamasonja27

Answer by mamasonja27 at 10:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I have looked into both and know people who do both and they make very little money. If is not for a lack of trying either. Both work over 30 hours a week promoting what they do. My one friend is actually going to work from home part time for the insurance company she used to work at and will bring in some real money. Another friend quit Ameriplan and now has lingerie parties. She does 3-4 parties a week and makes decent money. If I did a work from home business it would be for a passion party company. I would avoid the two mentioned here.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 7, 2009

• For me the choice would be easy between the two. Definitely Melaleuca. I've been a customer of Melaleuca's for 8 years and I love their products. I do not work it has a business though as I didn't have a desire to do that. My sponsors are Executive Directors with the them so I do know for a fact that you can make money. It's a solid company with 'consumable' products, which I feel is key in whatever you choose to do. I agree with the PP though, you need to have a love and a passion for the product. All rest doesn't matter if you don't have that. That's why I chose to do something else. PM me if you're interested in hearing about other opportunities. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you! ~Kim http://www.mygc.com/kimniehaus

justkima

Answer by justkima at 11:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I have used the Melaleuca products.....nice items but after a while I got tired of the smells & found another line I liked to use better.....Shaklee...but I dont represent them as a consultant. I have heard of Ameriplan butmore familiar with Primerica. Good Luck!!

Kahne
    Scentsy Star Consultant
    www.scentsy.com/kahne
    Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 12:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have done both... I was with Melaleuca for 7 months working 40 hours a week doing it and never made a single sale! I was allergic to most of the products and didn't like the ones I wasn't.

Now, I'm with Ameriplan. I have been with them for 9 months and only work 2-5 hours a day. I am actually paying bills with my income and haven't lost a single penny...

So, I have to say, Ameriplan hands down!

Sabrina M Bowen
    Ameriplan RSD
    www.DailyPayFromHome.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Many people concerned about toxic chemicals in their homes are making their own cleaners for a fraction of Melaleuca.
    I don't know anything about Ameriplan, other than there have been hundreds of complaints filed against them. Do your due diligence before joining any company.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:52 PM on May. 7, 2009

• AmeriPlan all the way!I actually do AmeriPlan and have tried Melaleuca in the past. AmeriPlan is not selling,cold-calling,etc. either. You basically can market however you want and people need those benefits. Lots of Americans are unisured,so Ameriplan offers a great opportunity for them to save money
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:41 PM on May. 9, 2009

• Ameriplan:)
    As long as you work it everyday, you WILL earn money. You don't have to purchase any products but instead you promote something that everybody needs and can afford with Ameriplan which is Healthcare. Good Luck
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 7:50 PM on May. 12, 2009