Wedding on Halloween?

Okay, I originally planned to get hitched on oct. 24th, but the place of the reception is already booked on that day. They only have Nov.21st and oct .31st open. My brother is joining the National Guard and may not be here in Nov.... do you think it would be weird or fun to have a wedding on Halloween? I kind of like the idea, but I dont want to make kids miss trick or treating. I thought about having some fun activities for the kids, and maybe even having my guests dress in costume, and having my bridal party incorporate a costume with their dresses....What do ya'll think? Any ideas?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 9:25 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That actually sounds like fun! I would come to it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:26 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I would have loved an Halloween wedding. Google Halloween weddings, I'm sure you will get a lot of information.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:28 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i think it would be really fun. you can still do a halloween themed wedding or you can do it with a little touch of the traditional wedding. you can use centerpieces that are carved pumpkins with bride and grooms names or ring symbols with candles glowing. use spider webs as tulle to decorate. personally i would not want my wedding party to dress like halloween or my guests because i would still want it to be a slight traditional. just decorate for halloween with elegance. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I love the idea!!! I wanted a Halloween wedding but my husband wasn't going for it. I think you should have the guest to dress up in costumes, maybe even but together a theme for the wedding so everyone an dress based on that!!! I once went to a Halloween theme wedding and it amazing!!! Instead regular wedding cake they had cupcakes with spiders and worms on it!! We bopped for apples and just had plain ole fun for once. Wedding can be so traditional its good to switch the game up and try something new.
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 9:29 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I had considered a theme along the lines of Old English Ballroom type stuff....I thought that would be fun, elegant, and classy.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 9:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• DO IT DO IT!!! That is what I always wanted to do...I wanted a Cinderella poofy gown and wear a tiara..and wanted the groom in tux and tails with cape and a Phantom of the Opera mask. I also wanted the guest to dress up. And the wedding party would be girls are cute colorful witches and guys are in tuxes with fangs as vampires. All still pretty with a twist.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I think that sounds like a blast and full of possibilities for fun and creativity! My BFF swears she will get married on Oct 31st if she ever meets someone. I would go for it!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:19 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Reception dress up party. Woo! Lol
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 10:57 AM on May. 7, 2009