Help with a gift idea!!!

My mom is going out of town for 1wk to see my sister. Im 25 & have always went with her. since im married with a kid, i will not be going this year, so she has decided to fly. So for Mothers Day this year I thought I would try to get her something that would make her trip better.
She is 60, doesnt read much, but I know she use to in the past when she had more time.
Is there any great books out there that she may like? (em, shes not ur normal 60 yr old- she loves party & is "closer" to 40 than 60!)
Anything else come to mind that may be a good present for her?

She is the hardest person to buy for! Unless you wanna spend ALOT of money, and well we are not rich. lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what about books on tape? if she doesnt like to read thats an option. But here is what I would do, get her a bunch of trashy gossip magazines like star and us , people, enquirer, etc...that way she can read but its not a commitment like a book. Another idea is buy her some clear travel containers and fill them with nice lotions and soaps, like a little travel kit. Dollar stores have some nice things for cheap and then you buy the clear containers(have to have any liquids in those now fyi)., a travel pillow, or a big treat bag, filled with things she likes to snack on for the flight. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I have heard the Twilight series is really good. Maybe get her the 1st book in the series and see how she likes it.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:39 AM on May. 7, 2009