Throwing up stomach Bile

bright yellow, and a TON of it =/ im 19 weeks and 1 day preggo. any advice?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your doctor. If you can, try to drink water, and eat something, crackers, anything you can to coat your tummy. Bile is really acidic so its goint to do damage to your esophogus and teeth, and stomach lining. Just give doc a call and see what they can give you . There is an otc called Emetrol but it never worked for me, made it worse. Feel better soon mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:36 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Zofran from your Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• that sounds like snot...not bile..bile is poop! you need to go to your doctor and see if you have an infection. if you are actually throwing up bile..then you may have a problem with your liver or have a problem with your gall bladder. how long have you been sick??
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• sounds like stomach acid if you ask me. i only have that problem in the mornings if i haven't eaten or drank anything since the night before. but call your doctor if you are worried.
    kristinmj

Answer by kristinmj at 9:40 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Well I have Zofran, and phenogrin. Afer i throw up, i feel well enough to eat crackers or something and drink water, so its not hrting my eating! i feel better for a little bit after i throw up. if bile is poop, then its not bile. its the bright yellow stuff that i throw up when my stomach is empty i guess...but its soooo much!!! I do it every morning while im getting ready for work and a few times throught the day...blah!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 7, 2009

• 9:37 doesn't know what they're talking about. Bile can be thrown up, usually yellow or green and it's not poop. When your stomach is empty, it can irritate it even more and if there's no food or liquid to throw up, you can throw up bile. Try small meals throughout the day so your stomach isn't empty. Chew on hard candies, like lemon, ginger or peppermint. You can also ask your pharmacist for Coke syrup. It's supposed to calm the stomach. Bile (or gall) is a bitter, greenish-yellow fluid secreted by the liver. It is stored in the gallbladder between meals and upon eating is discharged into the duodenum where it aids the process of digestion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i try all the little tips and tricks, and like i said it doesnt really effect me eating, but will it be harmful for me to throw it up every single day? i jsut thought it was njormal with morning sickness...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 7, 2009

• sorry i seriously thought all bile was poop. but you could still be having a gall bladder attack. go see your doctor.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I tried just about everything when i was pregnant with my daughter and i still threw up the same thing, my dr said it would not hurt you just make sure you brush your teeth after because it can rot your teeth because it is acid. It's just one of the lovely perks of being pregnant. I never get it unless i'm pregnant and i'm only 6 weeks along eith my 3rd and have done it with all my pregnancies. I believe it is normal for some moms, it was for me. If your really worried you can ask your dr about it at ypour next check up. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Yeah i throw that stuff up alot, and u feel better afterward right? I call it "getting the ickies out"
    Its gross, i know.. but if u eat something, late at night or first thing in the morning, it helps A LOT.
    Make sure to eat breakfast, dont just drink water, the more water u drink without food in your system, the more of that stuff u will throw up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 7, 2009