Choosing an OB for pregnancy #2?????? so I Had a horrible time with dr visits with my 1st pregnancy. I found a midwife that I absolutely LOVED but the dr she worked with was a total jerk

. I am considered high risk and due to everythingI had to switch Drs 1/2 way through my pregnancy. When I told the dr I was was doing that he told me that if my baby died it would me my fault...JERK! As sad as I was to leave the midwife I was happy to get rid of that Doctor. The next office I went to was not great.They treated me like some idiot who didn't know their foot from their head. I am very educated and majored in Pre-med for 3 years in college so I do kinda know what is going on and a cousin of mine is a labor and delivery nurse and she helped alot! And now the time has come when I once again need an OB and I REALLY want to go back to the mw, and she works with a specilist and I will be having a c-section again, and the mw told me I could have stayed with her, so I want to go and talk to her about this pregnancy to see if I could see her but not the dr she's in with instead see the specilist she works. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would talk to the midwife and see if there is any way you would only have to see her and not the dr. I had midwives for both of my previous pregnancies and am again with this one and i never had to see my dr even though o think he is a very good dr. Or maybe you could look around your area and see about a different dr you haven't been to yet. I would look into any and all possibilities because you shouldn't be unhappy with your dr. I would keep looking until you found a dr you like. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:44 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Try to see the midwife, and let the specialist do the c/s. If not, see the mw and let her make a recommendation.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 11:37 AM on May. 7, 2009