Baby Food

Okay so I am a ditz I guess, lol. I accidentally bought stage 2 baby food and my son is only in stage one foods. Well I fed it to him last night not knowing it was stage 2 until he had already finished it. It was the hawiian delight baby food. This won't hurt him will it? I know about food allergies and all, but i'm not sure whats the difference between stage 1 and 2? I haven't seen anything that says it bothered him, so I am guessing he is okay, but I feel like a ditz though.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:49 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The difference is the consistency and the amount in a serving. As the stages go up they get thicker and start getting chunky and in stage 3 they have actually pieces of food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• The consistancy is that only big difference. I wouldnt worry, my son never ate stage 1, all he did was wear it. I have always thickened his food with a little baby cereal just to get it to stay in his mouth. He never had any problems with it. As long as its pureed, you'll be just fine.
    JulsB

Answer by JulsB at 10:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• not at all!!! ive never with either kid used stage 1 becuase it's all about the consistency.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 11:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• There are differences other then consistency. Some stage 2 foods are NOT single ingredient, where all stage 1's are.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:13 PM on May. 7, 2009

• The main difference is the size of the jar. There isn't a big difference in how thick stage 1 and 2 are (stage 3 is much thicker)
    But the bigger concern would be with a mixed food that you gave him he probably hasn't had all the different foods in there... so if he does have an allergy you won't know for sure which food it was. So you have to read the lable close... even if something says Peas and Carrot (or something) it might actually have sqaush or something you didn't think of in it! So read carefully before buying.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:40 PM on May. 7, 2009