Getting married.....

I am expecting my first child in October, and my fiance wants us to get married before the baby is born. I know i am going to marry him, but i really dont want to have a wedding when im pregnant, for a bunch of reasons... he doesnt understand i dont want to be big walking down the aisle, and i dont really want to spend a sh*tload of money on a wedding right now.. Does that make sense? or am i the one being weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Its a personal choice. The longer you wait the bigger you will be. Why not get married at the court house first and then have a wedding after the baby so you both get what you want. You will pay the same amount for the license at the court house as you would when you have a church wedding and you can both be happy in your wants.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:00 AM on May. 7, 2009

• It makes sense; both of you are making sense. So, what's the compromise? A very informal, yet sweet wedding at home (or someone's back yard). It doesn't have to cost much, and if you're due in October, then you're not showing that much yet.... I'd say go for the simple, sweet, inexpensive wedding now.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:01 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Get married now while he is in the mood to marry you. Go to a justice of the peace or anyone else who performs marriages. You can have a renewal ceremony later on if that's what you want, but too many guys change their minds and decide that marriage is not necessary. If you want to be married and this is the guy, you had better not wait until you think your timing is perfect.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:10 AM on May. 7, 2009

• What's the rush in getting married? I got pregnant last year, and was due in November, and my Fiance's grandparents tried pressuring us into getting married, UM NO! We knew we were going to get married, (we'd been together 3 1/2 years), but wanted the wedding we've always wanted.
    Our son is now 5 1/2 months old, and we're planning the wedding we've always wanted and we're getting married in just 4 months!
    If you can make a comprimise, go for it. Do what will satisfy you both!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:11 AM on May. 7, 2009

• LOL nanny b. , thanks for that advice, but that is not the case with me... I have been engaged to him long before we got pregnant... but we just never rushed our wedding, this was one of the other reasons i didnt want to get married right away, ppl thinking we were just getting married b/c we are having a baby. Its just now hes getting more excited and ancey to get married, but i dont think it will hurt to wait, or have a small wedding now. Thats not a bad idea, just to shut him up, ;) lol J/K!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 7, 2009

• get married at the courthouse then when you are back in shape have the bigger wedding or at least a very nice reception

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My husband and I got married in 02 at justice of the peace, we both worked the day of our wedding and went back to work afterwards! We had our honeymoon a year later in Vegas and 2 years ago for our 5th we celebrated our anniversary with our friends, did VIP for us and our friends. We are hoping for our 10th we will have an official wedding..renewals I guess. Neither of us wanted the big wedding, felt like we didn't need one in order to be together or married. It's a personal choice but you both have to agree or at least compromise on a timing.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:04 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My hubby proposed "before" we found out I was pregnant. But the thought that just "Maybe" he was marrying me just cause I was preggo made me refuse to get married till after she was born. We got married when she was a year and half. I persoally feel better about it since I know he married me for me and not her her:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 3:40 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If what you want is to wait, then wait. Try to explain to your fiance the reasons you want to wait. Talk when you both are calm, because I have found from personal experience that NOTHING gets accomplished when you are both already upset. You want to look back on your wedding day and be happy ... if you wont be happy walking down the aisle very pregnant, then wait. :o) **I wasnt pleased with any of my VERY PREGNANT photos** haha. Just remember that life after the baby comes is a little more hectic. You think you will get things done, but it takes awhile to get the hang of things. 6 months after my son now and I am still late for everything and so much goes undone!! So keep that in mind too. Good luck, I hope you are happy with your final decision! :o)
    Mamma2BEinSD

Answer by Mamma2BEinSD at 7:49 PM on May. 7, 2009