Can anyone recommend an Affordable Dentist in the Chattanooga area?

I am in desperate need of dental care, I do have insurance with United Health Care through my employer. I work a full-time job and am not looking for a hand-out, just a little help. I have a broken tooth and a cavity and am in pain but can't afford to go and have the work done. It is very frustrating when you work hard and pay to have insurance but can't afford to use it. I try and put my family first at all times, I wouldn't have it any other way, but I am in pain right now and really need to have my teeth fixed. I am really afraid that I am going to lose at least one of these teeth that need repair, and it would really embarress my child. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• Why not call the insurance company and see if they have any dentists who would work with you....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:41 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Thanks for the suggestion, I used one of their Dentists when I had my root canal done and was told I only had to pay 20% and that insurance would pay 80%, I paid my 20% which was approx. $300 and thought I was done, then another $600 later I found out it would be the same to have a permanent crown. I can't afford that now, and the tooth has broken. It is frustrating to have insurance that you pay for but can't afford to use.
    laurel3

Answer by laurel3 at 12:22 PM on May. 7, 2009