what could be wrong with my dog

for the last three days she has been moving very slow she is a border collie and is only 4yrs old so thats not normal for her and she has been acting like she is hurting, and becoming very easily tired then this morning she threw up twice the vet is seeing her this afternoon to run some tests, but I'm worried so what could this be? any of you lovely ladies have any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pets

• She could have pulled a muscle, or it could be parvo if she shares the yard with any other dogs or other dogs use your yard. The vaccine doesn't always prevent it. It could be arthritis or the dog could be sick with worms or something.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• well the vet has said that she is a little old to have parvo that the vaccine does not always prevent it but it is usually a younger dog disease as it is hard for most older dogs to get it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 7, 2009

• our dog was acting like this, he was real tired all the time didn't want to play much and walked around like he was sore, ended up he had worms well got rid of them and he is back to his normal playful self.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 10:14 AM on May. 7, 2009

• That same thing happened to my Lab - she had lime disease... if that helps. GL.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:47 AM on May. 7, 2009

• well I'm pretty sure its not lyme disease as she is given a dose of k9 advantix every single month and it protects against ticks, fleas, mosquietos and biting flies. The worms might be possible as she did skip a dose of the heart worm last month I had planned on getting it friday wich would put her at 3 weeks late on recieving it, also we went out of town sunday and it flooded badly we came home to find the dogs in water up to there chest and she has been sick since that day. I think thats what has me so baffeled
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• it could be arthritis. she is at the right age. has the weather been damp or muggy? and she is not too old for parvo. my rottweiler got parvo at the age of 3. he is vaccinated regularly and he is now 10. she could also have a stomach bug.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:14 AM on May. 7, 2009

• well I thought I would let everyone on here know that we got back from the vet an hour ago with some perscription meds for arthritis I can't believe that a dog only 4yrs in age would have arthritis she also had a little bit of fluid in the lungs wich the vet thinks is due to her being outside when it flooded here so thanks for all the answers and concerns for her I really do appreciate all the advice that I got
    Anonymous

• I hope the meds work and she feels better soon!!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:50 AM on May. 8, 2009

• I think four years is a little young to have arthritis. Unless its common in the Border Collies. I own heelers and they can have hip problems and blindness. Hope the meds work
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 3:23 PM on May. 8, 2009