Favorite Verse

I am looking for Bible verses that give you strength and turn your attention to depending on God. I would like to get enough to take one each week for a year to study and meditate on and apply to my life. So I need 52 inspirational verses!! Im counting on you ladies...what are your favorites?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:29 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have always like the one(i don't know where it is) that talks about love. Love is always patient and kind. I first heard it in the movie A Walk to Remember. That inspired me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13.

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in Whom I trust. Psalms 91:2.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:21 AM on May. 7, 2009

• "Jesus died for somebodies sins, but not mine" - patti smith
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. 1 Corinthians 13:4-13.
    "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...

...And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of thee is love."
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:32 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Some of my favorites:

Psalm 121:1,2--"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."

2 Chronicles 20:15 (second half) --- "...Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's."

Nahum 1:7--- "The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. "

Lamentations 3:24--- "The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. "

Psalm 46:1--- "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. "

Isaiah 26:3--- "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Ephesians 6:11 ( the entire chapter is great for encouragement) "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. "

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 1:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think the whole thing is dumb and a waste of time.
    Anonymous

• KJV Isaiah : Chapter 7
    7:10
    Moreover the LORD spake again unto Ahaz, saying,
    7:11
    Ask thee a sign of the LORD thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
    7:12
    But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the LORD.
    7:13
    And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?
    7:14
    Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
    7:15
    Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
    (KJV 2 Kings :16:1 In the seventeenth year of Pekah the son of Remaliah Ahaz the son of Jotham king of Judah began to reign.
    16:2Twenty years old was Ahaz when he began to reign, and reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem, and did not that which was right in the sight of the LORD his God, like David his father.)
    age55

Answer by age55 at 2:37 PM on May. 11, 2009