Take a look at my churches media player and tell me what you think

just so you know my church teaches the bible but it also uses the weekend services to bring people in the way Jesus did.. by using the culture of the day.
http://www.gccwired.com/mediaplayer/playerHome.asp?

3rdtymsthecharm

Asked by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:53 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• THAT was awesome! TOTALLY my type of church. And yes thats the type that the religious dont like. The ones that are totally out of the box. I think the cardboard testimony was my favorite. If you want to reach people, especially the 30's and younger, youre going to have to get out of the box. The days of pews and hymnals are over. Sorry to those that love pews and hymnals. YOu can still believe the fundamental teachings of Christ and still be non conventional. I LOVED IT. Wish I could go there.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I looked at a few of the videos and I think it is pretty neat. I am sure it will reach a lot of people :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:26 AM on May. 7, 2009

• That looks pretty awesome. I went to a nondenominational church that did neat stuff like that all the time.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Wow, AWESOME
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:57 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Yeah been to that Church. The first thing you see when you walk in is a coffee shop. Plus the building and ground it is built on belongs to the Methodists, so at any time they could it back over again. A lot of filler but no substance in the liturgy.
    Anonymous

• "Yeah been to that Church. The first thing you see when you walk in is a coffee shop. Plus the building and ground it is built on belongs to the Methodists, so at any time they could it back over again. A lot of filler but no substance in the liturgy."

how long did you stay? and its obvious you never were at a midweek service.
    I love my church because the "religious" don't like it. We are not "religious" at all. we believe that Jesus christ is the only way to God and we believe gods rules not mans. I'm sorry you did not enjoy it. and as for the ground and building belonging the the methodists... GCC is actually an offshoot of the methodists so they own the ground. the church does. and I love the coffee shop. we have a book store and the whole down stairs belongs to the children. The church is all about ministry and serving so it would be a little uncomfortable if your not about that.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 3:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It just reminds me of the scene from Cotton Patch Gospel, Where Christ goes into the Mega Church and destroys the Coffee shop, gift shop and book store. No reverence what so ever. Junk food for the soul.
    Anonymous

• BTW I know a lot of people who like off the mailing list but just can't get it accomplished.
    Anonymous

• hmmm there was a King Of the Hill episode about mega churches....
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:50 PM on May. 7, 2009

• to OP: "love my church because the "religious" don't like it. We are not "religious" at all. we believe that Jesus christ is the only way to God and we believe gods rules not mans. "

your church sounds alot like my church.... your media player rocks.. enjoyed it.

what is importants is that lives are being changed and impacted and people are coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:57 PM on May. 7, 2009