Do you think if i paid the full amount to the bank they would reopen the account?

My checking account was closed because it was overdrawn for too long. I just finally got the money to cover it. Do you think they will reopen the account when i do so? IT was for $145.00, and it was with Wells Fargo Bank.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• No clue call them and find out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• They normally give you a time limit to pay it before they close the account. Some banks will and some banks won't. I had that happen at two banks when I was younger. Both banks are paid off, but one of them wouldn't let me open a new account and the other did. I just have to pay $10 a month for the first year and am not allowed to have overdraft protection for the first year.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:59 AM on May. 7, 2009

• They shold let you if you pay it off if they dont you will atleast be taken off a list I forget what its called so other banks would let you open an account.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:23 AM on May. 7, 2009

• IF you close it and they sent it to collections then they probably refer you to them and want reopen the account because of a bad history. If the account is still open and overdrawn then yes you can pay it and bring it to a positive balance. They do give you ample amount of time to pay it. My bank gave me enough time and I paid mine off and Im still using it.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:37 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I was a bank teller and at the bank that I worked for if your account was closed then you had to reopen another account with new number etc. If they closed your account because you were overdrawn for a long period of time then it is possible that they may not open a new account for you at least not the same one with the same benefits. If they do open another account for you then it would be one with restrictions and a monthly fee. For example, they may open an account for you that will not provide checks and charge a fee of $10 a month. With that type of account, you have to have at least $100 left in your account in order to spend it at the store. It is a way to prevent you from overdrawing. That type of account (if they have that) is a pain and somewhat an inconvenient because you have no checks and restrictions. Hope this helps.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 7:43 PM on May. 7, 2009