Question about my digital camera.....

I have a Canon digital camera that is only a year 1/2 old. It works great, but my rechargable batteries die almost instantly. I have Energizer rechargable batteries, and I have two different types of chargers for them. One takes only 15 minutes & one takes about 2 hours I think. I bought them all from Sam's. I recently bought some rechargeable Polaroid batteries. I used to have a HP camera, and the same thing happened with it. I thought it was the camera, so I got rid of it and bought the Canon, but evidently it's the batteries. Weird thing is that my dad has the very same camera & batteries & charger, and his last forever! Almost every time I pick up the camera, the batteries are dead. I turn off the camera as soon as I take a picture and never really play with it much while it's on to save the battery life. What's wrong?

flowrchild77

Asked by flowrchild77 at 11:09 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Sorry not sure? We have a digital camera and it uses a Sony rechargeable lithium battery. We only have to charge about once every two weeks?
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 11:19 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Do you use the flash a lot? The flash will really eat up your batteries. And so will live view. And autofucusing. I don't know why your camera would eat up the batteries faster than your dad's. You could try going to dpreview.com and going to the canon forum and seeing if they can help you.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:32 PM on May. 7, 2009

• If you have a digital camera that uses regular or rechargeable standard batteries, such as AA or AAA it will eat them quickly no matter what. No matter what bells and whistles that camera has I personaly think any that uses standard batteries are a waste of money! I have a rechargeable lithium battery and it will last days.....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Hmm, I'm not sure either. I also have a rechargeable lithium battery that lasts quite awhile. I'd say maybe it's normal but if your dad's camera isn't doing it then I don't know. Unless maybe you just take a lot more pictures with it than your dad does? If you borrow his and use it the same amount would it die just as fast? I know it's a pain, but my point and shoot is like that for me, too, but then again I only use it for video since I've gotten my SLR camera. I always remember having dead batteries in that camera, though.
    Dashielsmom

Answer by Dashielsmom at 1:10 AM on May. 9, 2009