Lump on 2 year olds neck

My son has had a small lump type thing on the side of his neck since he was born. it is about the size of the tip of your pinky finger and had been on there for 2 years now. You can't really see it unless he turns his neck and such. I have asked the doctor about it and he says its nothing to worry about it will go away. But its been there for 2 years now. Has anyones child had this too??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would just atch and as lo ng as it doenst grow dont worry
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:25 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son has that, it's just a cyst.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Sounds like what I had at 16 (lymph node). It was surgically removed while I was awake and it was an outpatient surgery. They did a biopsy on it and it came back good. I was in pain and that's why they removed it and tested it. I don't know if that is what your son has but it doesn't hurt to seek another DR. and get his/her opinion.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/lymph-node-biopsy

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son has had a similar size lump in his abdomen area that the doctors say is nothing but a bengign cyst also - cause its not hard and doesn't move around when being touched - It flares where you can see it when he screams though. I don't like it
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son has a lump on the side of his neck just below and behind his ear. As with your child's, you cant really see it until he turns his head. It has been there for a while. Dr says it's a lymph node and nothing to worry about. Kids immune systems are immature so these lumps are apparently fairly commonly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• my daughter has the same on both sides of her neck i was terrified but the doc said lymph nodes.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:59 AM on May. 7, 2009