Have you ever had this easy set up pool?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10715080

I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. Previously we've just used the 8' x 24" snap side pool but I want to try something that my 6 year old might enjoy more this year. I'm a little nervous to go 33" with my 2 year old, but he should be ok.
It got great reviews on the site but my in real life reviews have been mixed.

mrsderekjeter

Asked by mrsderekjeter at 11:18 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• No I havent. I wish I could have a pool but I cant where I live. :( But good luck. Sounds fun!!!
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:31 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I had it a couple of years ago, and it was great. Just make sure you put it on a level spot on your backyard. It makes for a really fun and cool summer.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 12:12 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Ok, I work for a pool installer so I have some experience with this. Those blow up pools can be nice. The trick is to make sure the ground is very level. Water goes to its lowest point so the slightest slope in the yard can cause the pool to empty on its own. These pools are also hard to keep clean. We had one for two years before we put up our permanent pool. The kids used it like crazy but it was hard to keep clean as the vacume and filter they come with are basically pieces of crap. If this is something you are looking to have maybe only a year or two then go for it, but they can get expensive to keep clean.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• We had one and didn't like it. We used it for 2 years and then threw it away because we had nothing but problems with it. The main problems were that the inflatable ring wouldn't stay inflated from the day we got it and the filter didn't work well at all. I have several friends who have them and they seem to like theirs, but we hated ours.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 5:06 PM on May. 7, 2009

• HHHMMMM.. I really dont care if it lasts more than a year or two. Maybe by then, we'll know if we're going to stay in this house or buy bigger, and my toddler will be bigger so I'll feel more comfortable with having him around a bigger pool.
    Salexander, would you recommend going to a pool store to buy chemicals?
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 8:21 PM on May. 7, 2009

• i had a smaller one....we found out that our backyard slopes everywhere lol. so it made the water unlevel.
    my only problem was since i had a cheaper one, i couldnt find a top anywhere to fit it, and i cant stand bugs etc etc. in the water so everyday i pretty much had to dump it because we had no top and ga definitely has plenty of creepy crawlies that wanted in.
    one cute thing though....we had a squirrel that would try to climb in and drink water hehe. i ended up getting an even smaller one since she is only 2, just wish i had a bigger one so i could sit in it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:23 AM on May. 8, 2009