8 month old with bald spot

my 8 month old daughter has a big bald spot on the back of her head. its just starting to grow in but very slowly, when does it usually go away i heard it was 9 months?

em9x

Asked by em9x at 11:27 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's from laying on her back when she sleeps (or from rubbing when she's in the swing or carseat). As soon as she's doing more activities and starts changing positions more when sleeping, it'll start to grow back.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:38 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is 9 months and his is growing back. It goes away when they become more active and aren't rubbing that spot on the carpet, bed, etc.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:34 AM on May. 7, 2009

• This is part of the wonder of babies! Some of them have goofy hair! My son's birth hair fell out in stripes & both of my girl's had a few really long hairs on the top & sides of their heads. Just use this opportunity to kiss her little bald spot everyday. Store up secret kisses that you can think about when she's a teenager & you want to kill her. Don't worry momma. It'll come in before you know it.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:39 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My son is 7.5mos old & his is finally filling back in since hes more active ( tummy time/rolling around/etc ). He had a big bald spot on the back of his head from sleeping on his back & the swing...My hubby used to tease me "You never hold our son, hes always on his back look at his bald proof!". My neice is 10.5mos old & she had a cute mohawk look & its finally gone away...Soon dont worry!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 12:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think it all depends on when they start rolling over on thier own. my son is 6m and he has stubble on the back of his head where it is starting to grow back. Plus it varies on how fast the baby's hair grows.
    nosborne

Answer by nosborne at 2:23 PM on May. 7, 2009