Do you think all women should have to go through labour without any pain meds?

I was wondering round the site and found a woman who believes no woman should be allowed to have pain meds.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope, I sure don't.

That's a personal choice and a personal right.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:44 AM on May. 7, 2009

• No, I think it's a personal choice. I did give birth three times without pain meds because it was the birth experience I wanted to have, but I think we are lucky to live in an age where pain relief is available and other moms should be able to give informed consent to pain relief if that is their desire.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i had my second one without meds.if you can get drugs get them.lol
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 11:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• women should be given the choice, it's her body.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• no its a womans choice. I choose drugs...
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:46 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Absolutely not! It is a woman's right to be as comfortable as she wants to be during labor...and if that means pain meds than so be it. That's like saying no woman should be allowed to have their baby anywhere but in a hospital. It is the mother's choice and birth plan. I'd like her to come try and tell me what to do while I'm in labor. She'll get knocked out!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2009

• No I think each and every labor and woman are different. I think that it's there choice along with their doctor's. I had 3 natural births with no pain meds but I also had short labor and delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Oops, forgot my answer. i beleive women have the choice. And, plus thier are a lot of women in out their who may not be able to take it without drugs.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:51 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Its your choice. I have 5 did it with out drugs twice just two do it but the drugs is the best. LOL
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 12:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I wanted to be able to deliver my son but my cervix is too scarred from cancer so I had a c-section. I prefer drugs thanks. LOL. I don't think I could manage having this next baby without them. C-sections are a must for me.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:08 PM on May. 7, 2009