birth plan?

is it bad to not have a birth plan set. im 35 weeks and all i really know is that i want an epidural, i want my fiancee by my side, i want to breast feed, and i want my baby to room in with me. what else is there to a birth plan??

brooklyn10

Asked by brooklyn10 at 11:43 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can google birth plans and it will have you fill out what you want or don't want...it's very easy and there might be things on there that you didn't think of...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:44 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Do you want the baby to not have an artificial nipple..then you must write that. Do you want to walk before the epidural...I would put every little thing I could think of.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Google birth plans. Alot of the stuff in a birth plan is assumed by the doctor, but it's always good to have it written down. Give your doctor a copy and your boyfriend. In case something happens and you aren't able to say what you want, it's good to have that back up.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I did the birth plan thing & it did help me organize the big day & brought some things to my attention that I hadn't thought of before but it kind went out the window on the big day. Just like you I knew I wanted the Epidural, to breastfeed, and wanted daddy there but some of the other things just weren't as important once the birth was actually happening. Just make sure the basics are covered & you'll be fine.
    Good Luck!
    BeautifuLove

Answer by BeautifuLove at 11:53 AM on May. 7, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/calculators-birthplan

I think this is one I used.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:59 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Mama, you do what you need to do. If you feel that the best things you want are the ones you listed then stick with it. Sometimes birth plans don't go quite as we hoped. I know mine didn't. I wanted to deliver vaginally and ended up with an emergency c-section and a stubborn but too-cute little boy who would not turn for anything. So just because we plan for something doesn't mean we get it. So be prepared to be flexible. I think what you have so far is perfect.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:15 PM on May. 7, 2009