how long do u breastfeed a baby an how hard is it to get them off whn they get tht age

do they gt off ur breast at one or 16months an whn they get tht age how do u just stop breastfeedin

jessica82009

Asked by jessica82009 at 11:45 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it is a matter of stop breastfeeding I think it is a matter of nature. Nature will tell you body to stop producing milk eventually. I hear of mothers who breastfeed up to the 2nd year which I would hope to do it with my baby who is almost a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I breastfed my daughter until she turned 14 months old. I started weaning her at 11 months. I wanted to wean her because I'm pregnant with my son and wanted a break before I had to start nursing again.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:48 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I breastfed my son for one year and then just cut out one feeding at a time and started giving him regular milk. I had him weaned off in a month and that is only because when I cut out a feeding I did it for a week before I cut out the next. I had no problem with my son. GL :)
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:49 AM on May. 7, 2009

• My daughter just slowly weaned on her own terms until she just stopped completely at 13 months, piece of cake. Now my son is 25 months and still going strong, I thought it would be just as easy with him, but alas, here we are.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:58 AM on May. 7, 2009