Help!!! how to transtition a breastfed into the crib???

my daughter is 3 months old and she sleeps in the bed with me ( we're in the nursery) well i am starting to go back to work part time and it would be nice to get some decent sleep when i need it. dont get my wrong i LOVE being so close to her and it makes night time feedings a breeze but it would be nice not to have to be confined to the bed after 9 pm... we have tried the cribs for naps during the day and she really hates it!! screams bloody murder and i just cant let her do that!! if she does sleep in it its for like 30 mins or less... so please be as specific as possible, and i know it will be a few rough nights. i just need advice and some promising stories
thanks

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 11:54 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd is 8 months and we still co sleep. I actually get better sleep. I would think that since u are breastfeeding it would be easier for both of u to get more sleep because u don't have to be so awake. I tried for 2 nights in her crib and I didn't get as much sleep.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:00 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You ever try to put her in the crib after she's asleep? Maybe if she wakes up in the crib it may be easier for the permanent transition. Now is the perfect time to introduce a lovey. Start sleeping with a specific blanket so it catches your scent & put that in the crib with her & a freshly pumped bottle. Hope this helps
    BeautifuLove

Answer by BeautifuLove at 12:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• oh i love co sleeping its just my husband is on the other side of the house and i guess i miss him sometimes.. we ahvent really tried with all of us in the bed together. its a queen and he is scared he will sqwish her.. plus if we ever have to have some one else watch her, i also heard if you dont do it young you will have a 2 year old in your bed.. my friend has a 3 year old a 16 month and she is preg again and they all sleep with her... hubby on the couch!
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 12:05 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It will take time for your little girl to adjust to being in the crib. Cian hated being in his crib to sleep, but now he can sleep anywhere. Cian first didn't like his crib because it was too cold. So we would cuddle together in the rocker with his blanket covering us and get it nice and toasty warm. Then he'd sleep on top of it and the shock of the cold mattress wouldn't wake him up. He'd sleep for hours then. It will be easier once your little girl starts solid foods and can sleep longer into the night. Cian's last meal of the day is usually a very filling bowl of rice cereal or oatmeal. Gives his tummy a little something to carry him through the night. It just takes time to adjust. Don't give up, let her fuss some, and have dad do bedtime tuck in so you can get some rest.
    JenAndCian

Answer by JenAndCian at 12:30 PM on May. 7, 2009

• He misses you too! If you want to try all sleeping together, checkout either a bedside sleeper or inbed sleeper for the baby. It's like a little bed that's either right on the side of yours(bedside) or between you & hubby(inbed). First Years has the one I used (inbed) & they sell it at Target.
    BeautifuLove

Answer by BeautifuLove at 12:35 PM on May. 7, 2009