How was your birth experience?

I'm expecting my first so I have no idea how its going to be like giving birth or being in labor, was just wondering how was your experience? How long were you in labor for your first? Did you do anything before giving birth that made the experience easier for you or to lessen the pain? Did you have to get an epiostomy (really don't want to get that!)?

youngmom3525

Asked by youngmom3525 at 11:54 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a c-section and was fine. Recovery for me was a breeze.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:58 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I was two days over my due date, I kinda had a weird cramp in my back at 12:00 on a day I already had an appt. When the cramping got a little worse, I sat down for a bit. I realized, that it wasn't going away, but, getting progressively worse. I called my mom, who was about to get off work to take me to the doctor anyway, and informed her I think I was having contractions. She asked questions and decided I probably was. I finished getting ready and she showed up and drove me the hour and a half to the doctor. When I got there, I went in and told them I was in labor, they called me back and the doc checked and said, yep you are. I got admitted to the Labor floor and they put me in a labor suite. Sometime later they showed up and checked me and decided I needed my water broken(I wouldn't do that again) and Pitocin(this either). The nurse asked if I was feeling any pressure and I said yes. She checked and said the baby was (cont)
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on May. 7, 2009

• there and called the doc, I pushed 2 and a half times and he was born at 7:01 pm. Seven hours of back labor and no pain meds. He gave me an episiotomy, I wouldn't do that either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• wonderful! i had 2 u/c's and loved them! you can read my kids' birth stories in my journal!@
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My first pregnancy: labor lasted nine hours, and the last 45 minutes of that was pushing. I knew I was in labor because my water broke. The doctor automatically gave me an episiotomy (my baby was 9 1/2 pounds). I chose a natural childbirth; no drugs, no epidural. The worst part (besides the pushing) was the back labor.
    With my second pregnancy: my water didn't break until labor was well underway. I had no back labor (a BIG difference!). Again, natural childbirth. I had an episiotomy again (another 9 1/2 pound baby!), but the doc didn't do it until he saw it was needed. I practiced hypnobirthing for this delivery, and it made it much easier. This labor lasted 8 hours, and the last 15 minutes of that was pushing.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 12:07 PM on May. 7, 2009

• To NoahsMomma418: Your profile is set to private and I can't read their stories.:(
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:10 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have had 5 and each was totally different than the next. Yours will be different too. No matter how much you ask this question or how much you think you are prepared, it will be different than what you thought. That is the wonderful thing about child birth, it is like snowflakes, no two are alike.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:48 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I had the same worries and concerns as you, got all worked up for nothing, I had an emergency c section. The epidural wasnt pleasant, the anesthesiologist was a total jerk, otherwise after my daughter was born and taken away, I chatted with the doctor as he worked on me to finish things up. I would have had more children if I had known having a child was that easy!
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 5:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My first one was not so bad two days in labor and hour and a half pushing.
    My second was tramatic. 2 weeks past due date labor for 5 days on first day cervidil did not work on 4th day patosin did not work so on the 5th day c-section. Doc told DH would have never been born with out c-section because baby was to big he was stuck on my pelvic bone. I kept freaking out so they had to keep knocking me out. I have no memory at all of his birth other then freaking out.
    Third one a week past due date. Was going to have a v-back but doc was worried because so far past due date so ended up with c-section. Went in to have her at 11 am but was not told to not eat or drink ( I could throw up) so I had a little juice. Doc said I had to wait so finally at 7 pm got to have her threw up anyway. I went into labor in the course of waiting for c-section so I had to go through labor without drugs and still have a c-section. NO MORE KID
    honeyhanvey

Answer by honeyhanvey at 6:47 AM on May. 8, 2009