retractile testicles?

My son has retractile testicles. He is 15 months old. We saw a urologist this morning and he suggested surgery. We are definitely holding off for the time being. just wondering if any other moms out there has had experience with this and can give me any more info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 7, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son had the same thing when he was little. He does not have this problem anymore, its very possible ur son will grow out of it. It lasted with my son til he was about 3. He is now 8. I would def hold off on surgery, I'm surprised they suggested surgery unless it is more severe than what my sons was.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for your advice. I thought it was a little odd that he suggested surgery too. When we told him that we would prefer to hold off, he told us that there was no hurry and we asked him if the problem could go away on it's own and he said that it could. I don't know why he was so quick to want to do surgery. But, if we hadn't put the brakes on it, he would have scheduled it right then and there! Everything that I have read online says there is really no need for surgery. Thank you for your advice, it is very helpful to know that they can correct on their own.
    Anonymous