Must Do's Must See's in Mrytle Beach

Planning on a trip to Mrylte Beach in July. Please tell me the best things to see and do. And best places to eat.
Thanks!

Yebbers

Asked by Yebbers at 12:12 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Shopping

• cont...If you have small children, you might want to stay away from the strip at night, it's nothing but a bunch of nasty drunk teens trying to get laid. Get a map when you get down there because some of the places I mentioned above are in North Myrtle and some are in South. Here is Myrtle Beach's Chamber of Commerce Website....a lot of info there. We'll be heading there in about a month, we usually go every year, i guess it never really gets old because there's always something different to do. Have fun!!!

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:50 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Rioz Brazilian Grill is awesome!! The Ripley's aquarium is really cool. Preston's seafood buffet is good too. There are a zillion and 1 putt-putt golf courses to choose from. Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach have a ton of stuff to do (shopping and eating and rides). Dixie Stampede and Medieval Times are both really fun (dinner theaters). If your hotel/condo doesn't serve breakfast, The Golden Griddle is our favorite place to eat for breakfast. Georgio's is probably our favorite place to eat lunch. Our biggest thing we have discovered over the years is that the chain restaurants (like Joe's Crab shack and The Crabhouse), their food is just mediocre at best...and you could get it anywhere in the country. If you get a free evening drive North up the coast to Calabash, NC and there are small hole in the wall restaurants (right on the water) with fresh seafood, usually caught that day. cont....
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:45 AM on May. 12, 2009

• LOL I'm in the middle of planning our trip so I have all of these fresh ideas. But for kids, the Alligator Adventure is reallly fun. It's at Barefoot Landing. We have gone during the day and at night. It's a lot more fun at night because it's cooler and it takes about 2 hours to get thru it. In July it'll be like 90 degrees or hotter during the day. If you've never been to Hardrock Cafe, it's pretty neat. Their fajitas are really good, it's near Broadway. Myrtle Waves Water Park is really fun too. BUt I think your kids have to be older than toddler age. NASCAR Speedpark is really fun too. There are some outlet stores in N Myrtle, I think they are called Tanger outlets. If you don't have kids (or young kids), you could eat dinner at Dick's Last Resort, it's pretty interesting and fun. LOL, ok, I think I'm done. Oh wait, there's Carolina Roadhouse, great food (N Kings Hwy).
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:00 AM on May. 12, 2009