How to get my 3yr old daughter potty trained

Ok my daughter is 3 and i have been trying to get her potty trained for 1 in a half years. i need help. She will do good for a couple of days then she wont for months. I have tried a reward system that if she can fill the chart then she can get a prize and that didnt work long. I've praised her when she goes in the potty. I just dont know what to do. Sometimes she acts scared of it and throws a big fit over it.

hannahsproudmom

Asked by hannahsproudmom at 12:14 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you keep diapers and pull ups around? If so get rid of them and keep her in panties all the time. Make her go. Scared or not she is old enough to use the toilet all the time. She is playing you. Are you pregnant or do you have a new baby in the house? She is reverting because you let her. My sister has been doing the same routine with her almost 5 year old and she has been potty training him since he was almost 3 and he still rather poop his pants then use the toilet. If your tired of it then get rid of all the diapers, pull ups and get her panties and if she goes in them don't change her right away, let her know the feeling of what pee in her panties really feels like along with poop.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I am the mother of 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. My 1st son I tries the whole pull up thing and rewards for all that and it took 4 ever. When I started with my daughter I went cold turkey. They sell padded underwear at wallmart that will catch most of what comes out but not so much that they cant feel it. I think that is the key. Once they fell how icky it feels they catch on pretty quick. It only took about 4 days with my daughter and the same with my next two kids. Its alot of laundry at first but trust me it it works like a charm. Make sure you take her every 45 mins or so and tell her how pretty she is in her big girl panties. Good luck

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 12:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• well. get rid of the diapers or pull-ups hide them if you must. dont even use them for nite time... continue the rewards..they work! for my 3 yr old daughter ..I hid her pull-ups..I didnt even mention them..and she just started going to the potty on her own, with out telling me...I was scared, but i put her to bed without her pull-ups and she woke up dry! she was potty-trained in just 1 day after that last mission! she's been fully potty-trained for 3months now.. I took her to disneyland to celebrate... ! Good luck, and please be patient!
    psychobilly_mom

Answer by psychobilly_mom at 5:32 PM on May. 7, 2009