Why do people join groups and then never visit them?

Just curious.

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 12:21 PM on May. 7, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Why do groups only hold chats when they want? If its a group with 500 members why can't it be open chat all the time? I joined what I was interested in but they never have chats going so whats the point?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have joined groups only out of curiosity...some groups required for you to joined otherwise you can't look into it. Once I joined the group I didn't think it merited my attention.
    NewYorkCafemom

Answer by NewYorkCafemom at 12:25 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I am sooooooo guilty of this. LOL.. i think i join read a few posts and then get interested in other things.. i just deleted two groups today because i never visit them. i have quite a few i have to delete.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I get losted alot ... LOL but most of the time when I go there's no one there.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 12:33 PM on May. 7, 2009

• There is a nifty feature that tells the last visit date and I have noticed quite a few members who have never logged into my groups. So I guess this just means the person got busy and forgot about us?

logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 2:31 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have joined groups with much excitement only to find no activity
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 2:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• In my groups I have held 24 hour chats and close to it and only had 2 or 3 show up all day! You belong to the wrong group-join us at

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97945

Friends of MomaNana2008 is my group. Make me your friend and join and if you want to chat, just email me in advance and I will open it up and let you chat all day if you want or need to!  Have a GREAT MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE! Hugs!////happy mothers day

MomaNana2008

Answer by MomaNana2008 at 4:25 AM on May. 9, 2009

• I just deleted all but 4 of my groups... Because I haven't been active in any of them.

At the time I joined, it was because my friends were hosting them and I got invited... it sounded like something I would be interested in, and in some cases, I was very active from the beginning.
    But I've turned into more of a "journal person" than a "group person"... so I phased out.

I stuck around in the groups because I was afraid I'd hurt my friends' feelings if I left... but i realized it was MORE inconsiderate to belong to a group that I never visited. So I went ahead and deleted just about all of them.

kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 2:58 PM on May. 13, 2009