yes im lesbian having a child. shold i be scared 2 tell my child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• tell your child what? that you are a kind and loving person? that you are a caring person? what do you want to tell the child? Parents don't tell kids what they do behind closed doors. If they ask, then answer but keep private stuff private. My father was gay. He never had to tell me he was gay. It was none of my business. I loved him for him not for his sexual preference

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Lesbian straight what ever..
    you are your childs mother.
    I would always be honest with them.
    Be proud of who you are.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:23 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Um your child will end up noticing that he or she has 2 mothers at some point. If your proud of it then why be sacred to tell your child? you should not be scared to tell anyone including your child. Kids catch on quicker than you think
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

• You need to be proud of who you are, lesbian or not. If you are afraid to tell her that you are lesbian, at some point she is going to realize that you are hiding something from her. Also, by being telling her the truth and being proud of who you are you are teaching her confidence and pride. Two things kids need growing up in the world today.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:27 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Your child will notice as he or she get older so be proud be up front with your kid never lie too them I never lied too mine about anything including santa and the tooth fairy im santa and the tooth fair i tell them so be good because im all was watching them.
    lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 12:29 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Enough, you've posted several times now, this can't be real.
    Anonymous

• No, why would you be scared unless you're self-conscience with your sexuality?
    I went to school with a kid who had 2 mothers. He was always one of the "cool" kids, nobody ever made fun of him or anything. He is straight and has his shit together
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 12:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Would you want your child to be afraid to be who they are? By not telling your child, you are telling them that they should be afraid to be who they are.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:01 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I don't think it's a big deal, it should just be "how it is" no need to tell them if you know what I mean.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:05 PM on May. 7, 2009

• My personal feelings on the issue aside, if you are going to be a mother, you need to be honest with your children. They are smarter than you think and they deserve the truth (though not necessarily a ton of details).
    Anonymous