help, now I have hives. going to doctors for some help, now just going crazy with the itching

deeboo

Asked by deeboo at 12:33 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Health

• Use some hydrocortizone cream. Also, hives is an inflammatory response usually to an allergen. You can handle the inflammation by taking a cool shower or putting a cool compress on the area. You can even use an icepack with a washcloth (don't put the icepack directly on your skin). It reduces the heat and encourages the swelling to go down and can relieve the itching.  I used to get hives a lot.  It's not any fun is it?  :-(  Good luck!

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Get a good allergy medicine. Benedryll or any other over the counter product can help.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:43 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Try Benedryl for the itching, You can also wet a washcloth with vinegar and place in on the hives. I know it will smell, but it really takes the itch out. My grandma used to use rubbing alcohol on hives too. If the Benedryl doesn't work, then go to the doc. DO NOT use the Benedryl cream and pills at the same time, you could have too much in your system.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:08 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I use benedryl spray for the itching

Answer by admckenzie at 2:18 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I use generic Zyrtec (cetirizine). Instead of one tablet every 24 hours, I take half a tablet every 12 hours or so. That seems to work best for me.
    lilac7779

Answer by lilac7779 at 2:42 PM on May. 7, 2009