eczema?

my son has eczema on his legs and his cheeks. are there any lotions or anything i can put on him to make it go away? or is there no cure?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 12:34 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes go to wal mart and buy the cream or target. ITs a green tube of stuff and its like 7 bucks or something. We use it on our daughter and within days its cleared up. You buy it in the baby section with the other lotions and creams.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:39 PM on May. 7, 2009

• yes, you can use baby eczema cream and aveeno oatmeal baby bath....if it flares up really bad, go to the pediatrician they'll prescribe strong topical cream that will make it go away.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I use Aveeno Baby soothing relief moisture cream after every bath and pu ton concentrated areas with eczema everyday. It seems to help but does not take it away all together. It helps so she doesnt itch it and make it worse.
    MamasGirls4ever

Answer by MamasGirls4ever at 12:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• cetaphil cream works wonders. Is this something your child has always had or has it shown up out of the blue. Many times, eczema is caused by food or seasonal allergies, but not always. Just something to think about....my son has food allergies and the cetaphil cream (in the tub - not the lotion) works so well for him.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:11 PM on May. 7, 2009

• Our son has bad eczema ... just know that you can try and control it but sometimes, especially when they are sick, they will have flare ups. My son, who is getting his top 2 teeth right now, has had flare ups all over his body. The teeth are almost through and his skin is starting to look better.

We started off using Aveeno since he was 2 months old and it has worked very well. Right now, with the current flare up, we're using Triple Cream from the makers of Triple Paste. I wish we knew about it earlier, it is great stuff. We've used Aquaphor and it helped, but made him really greasy. We also have a Rx for 2.5% hydrocorizone cream, plus regular 1%. We use these on the really bad patches in his elbows and under the knees. We bought some Mustela from BRU. It has a line especially for eczema prone skin. I didn't think it helped too much, and it was pricey.

Good luck, it's very frustrating, but try and control it
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• They have a cream at wal mart. I had my son at his checkup and asked the doctor what it could be. I wanted to make sure, she said he has eczema and ordered a cream for it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:09 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I took my baby to a dermatologist..he prescribed some creme.. works great. My son gets it on his cheeks (face). After trying the Aveeno, cetaphor and all them cremes his doctor told me to try for dry skin...i finally took him to see a dermatologist..so glad i did.
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 3:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

• It depends. You can try aveeno & all that, it may work, it may not. My DD has very severe eczema && it's very frustrating. We have been to a number of dermatologists & have a number of rx creams that don't work. Then we found this cream, Quadriderm. It's about $25 a tube, but works wonders for our daughter. You have to try to figure out what will work. If your DS is stratching really bad, it won't go away. Hot flares it up, making it worse. If he is stratching bad, give him a dose of Benadryll.
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 6:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I have eczema and so does my daughter. It may help of you stop using anything that has fragrance such those baby lavendar washes and lotions. Eczema cannot be cured but it can controlled. If you saw me and my daughter, you wouldn't even know we have it.

After every bath, make sure to use Cetaphil or regular Aveeno lotion (doesn't have to be baby kind) right after towel drying. For the body wash, Dove Sensitive Skin (again, doesn't have to be baby kind) or any store brand equivalent works fine. To prevent a rash from forming on the mouth (where most childhood eczema flares up) try not to let citrus juices or other foods stay too long there after drinking. Heat also makes the flare up get worse. When you see a rash flare up, put 1% hydrocortisone on the area. However, some eczema is really severe so if the above doesn't work, you may want to have you baby see a dermatologist. Best wishes!
    gabbyle

Answer by gabbyle at 1:22 AM on May. 8, 2009

• Baby's Bliss BabyDerma Cream has been a lifesaver. My DD had a horrible rash all over her chest and arms. I was desperate after trying all the regular lotions from the stores but later to find out they're actually full of chemicals and don't do any good. My friend told me about the BabyDerma cream and it's all natural. Within 24 hours the rash had cleared up!
    Anonymous