I haven't told my mother Im pregnant yet. When should I?

I haven't told her I'm pregnant, because my SO doesn't think it's a good idea yet. He want's to wait til I'm showing to tell anybody other then our close friends. He say's its because he doesn't want her to try and make me have an abortion, or try and put him in jail because he's 5 year's older. I've told him she's not going to care for the age because he's a close friend of the family, but he doesn't believe me. What should I do to make him believe me?

Aumbrey

Asked by Aumbrey at 12:35 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If u r not married to him, u should tell ur mom.... How old r u... u really should add more detail. do u live with ur mom? No one can make u have an abortion no matter ur age... I don't think that it is fair to u to keep the news to yourself , if u r not married and u r young u need to tell ur parents... They r your biggest supporters no matter what. Let's say u don't tell anyone... and he leaves.... then what? U r soooooo Blessed to b able to get pregnant.... Don't miss out . It is what it is and u cannot change it!!!!! Tell ur parents.. Sure they will b mad at first and say things now, but the Joy wow!!!!! PLZ tell don't try to keep it from the one's who love u the most!!!!
    Sherriboyz

Answer by Sherriboyz at 12:46 PM on May. 7, 2009

• How old are you? Most laws state 16 as legal consenting age. If you wait until your showing you could miss out on much needed prenatal care. She can not force you to have an abortion as its your body. The sooner you tell her the better off you will be. Why wait until your showing it wont change the fact your pregnant. Are you still in high school?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:37 PM on May. 7, 2009

• As long as it is legal, I would tell right away! I know when I told my mom it was because I couldnt kep a secret like that from her!! I called her at like 10 o clock at night and woke her up.lol. i am 20 and he is 26...but she was jsut upset that i told her over the phone! Alot of people wait to tell anyone until after the first ultrasound-where you actually see the heartbeat. other ppl tell their parents but no one else until after 12 weeks-when the risk of misscarriage is less. But its a personal preference. If I were your mom, i would not want to wait until you were showing, simply for the fact that i woudl feel left out. Im sure your mother will understand and be jsut fine =) Just have a serious conversation with her. let her know that you are going to be okay and how you are going to handle the expenses and stuff! I couldn't have hidden mine at the beginning, i was soooo deathy ill it was ridiculous...good luck!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 12:41 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I'm waiting to tell my mom but that's only because I had a miscarriage 2 years ago and I want to make sure tha baby is viable.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:42 PM on May. 7, 2009

• YOu need to tell her now. Im not sure how old youu are but this isnt something you should be keeping from her.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:45 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I tolded everybody this pregnancy when i was 9 weeks and my first when we found out i was like 2 months or something like that
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:10 PM on May. 7, 2009