Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the strangest thing your pet has eaten?

My neighbors dog ate a pair of undies.. he had to have them surgially removed.. as far as my own dogs.. mine ate a toy platisc magnet but was ok.. it came out on its own lol

Answer Question

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:43 PM on May. 7, 2009 in Pets

Level 10 (419 Credits)
Answers (21)
  • Poop out of the other dogs butt as it was coming out. I know nasty but we fixed that issue quick.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:49 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • cat poop out of the litter box. yuck

    Answer by lostshel at 12:51 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • my youngest dog will eat anything, probably the weirdest thing was the remote for the ipod player thing. *grrrr*

    Answer by llansky at 12:53 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • Hm, I guess the question for me is what HASN'T she eaten :)

    She's destroyed a few shoes, has eaten Kleenex, one of my son's birth certificates, mail, toilet paper, post-it notes, stamps, bar of soap, hockey tape, DH's water bottle, DH's hockey jock, 6-pack of muffins off table, pacifier, misc. baby toys, her own poop, the cat poop, wood chips, sticks, bird seed, cat toys ... I think that's it ... she is a 2 y/o black lab.

    Most of this stuff was destroyed when we decided to leave her out when we would leave the house. She would get really nervous and destroy stuff. We now kennel her when we leave.

    The worst thing she's eaten was poisnous berries on our old shrubs. She got REALLY sick and had to call Poisen Control. We took her into an Emergency Animal Hospital where she had to stay overnight, given charcoal, then went to our vet the next day and stayed there. That was an expensive lesson ... then we had to relandscape

    Answer by ap9902 at 1:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • Fresh Jalepeno Peppers and Captin Morgan (we shouldn't have left the glass sitting within her reach).

    Answer by bookay at 2:16 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • ya my question would also be what hasnt my dog golden retriever eats anything and everything..although he is getting better!! but this time last year..ooooh boy what a nighmare!! lol
    i wouldnt even be able to begin to list everythings eaten.luckily hes never gotten sick from it..buty aaa he used to be a terror!!

    Answer by alexis_06 at 4:24 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • A box of crayons. Yeah. That was fun barf to clean up.

    Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:28 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • When my dog was a puppy he ate my sweet sparkly crayons...he had sparkly rainbow poop for a week.

    Answer by LadyJayne27 at 6:47 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • Our dog, when I was younger, used to eat everything! He ate a screwdriver handle, the styrofoam covers off the water spigot, a dead squirrel ( I think he killed it), and all the veggies/fruits from our garden. My dad fixed the problem after the dog ate his prize watermelon. The next year, he planted peppers. The dog ate ONE and never ate from the garden again! Our current dog used to eat her poop, but we started putting unflavored meat tenderizer on her dog food and that cured her. However, my friend's dog eats socks and underwear and we can't figure out the cure.

    Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:58 PM on May. 7, 2009

  • We used to have a cat that liked toothpaste and mouthwash!

    Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.